A Lesson

Artemis p.o.v:

Perseus left us speechless. Both by performing his medical miracle, and by nearly fainting himself. He was cursed, and blessed, by the river Styx, the same way that Achilles had been. How Iapetus was able to hurt him is another question left unanswered. The only answer that I could think of was that Iapetus struck Perseus' weak spot.

"Perseus is going to die." I whispered.

"What?" Thalia asked.

"I said, Perseus is going to die." I repeated loudly.

"From a stab wound?" Zoë asked.

"Yes, that might've been his Achilles heel. So to speak. There is no possible way to survive that, that's why it's a curse." I elaborated.

"Where did he go?" Atalanta spoke.

"Where would he go? He hasn't had a real home since before he went to Tartarus." I said.

"Except for the one he built himself, the one in Alaska." Zoë reminded us.

"Well, I can't go there. I don't have my powers in the land beyond the gods." I thought out loud.

While I thought of a way to contact Perseus, or find him. Zoë and Thalia had done a surprising discovery.

"This is Iapetus' spear, right?" Zoë questioned.

"Yes, it is. According to some old books in Athena's library, it can hurt even the immortal." Thalia answered.

"So, that means that Perseus' wound is not a fatal hit." Zoë continued. "He should heal up with some ambrosia and nectar."

"Let's hope you're right." I sighed.

"She's right." Perseus' voice came from my left.

"Perseus! Stop doing that!" I yelled.

"Stop doing what?" He asked innocently.

"Stop appearing behind me without notice!"

"I mean, I did say that I'd be right back."

"Where did you even go? Are you okay?" Atalanta bumped in.

"I'm okay, just needed some ambrosia." Perseus reassured her.

"Is that his spear?" Perseus asked Thalia, who was holding Iapetus' spear.

"Yes, it is." She smiled. "Here, hang it up in your trophy room." Thalia tossed the spear.

"Thanks." He caught the spear and made it disappear right away.

"I'd like everyone's attention please!" Perseus said loudly.

Everyone looked at him, including me. I was wondering what he wanted to share. Was it about the battle?

"Tonight at the camp fire I'd like to teach you all a very valuable lesson, regarding today's battle strategy."

Yes, it was about the battle. I already thought he would bring it up.

-----------a few hours later---------------
Artemis p.o.v:

Everyone was patiently waiting for Perseus to show up at the camp fire. He was in his tent, while the rest of us were gathered around the fire. The fire burned different colors, indicating the different atmosphere mixed together.

We were sitting on tree logs that I had carried from the woods near us. They weren't comfortable, but that's what the hunt was accustomed to.

I saved one spot for Perseus, to my right. To my left Zoë and Thalia were discussing something about the battle.