War and Death?

Artemis p.o.v:

I needed the rest, when I woke up I found myself much closer to Perseus than I remembered. My left hand rested on his chest and our heads were touching.

I sat up and looked around, there wasn't much to see. It was as dark as it could possibly get. I focused on Perseus, he lay there just like before. He hadn't moved in his unconscious state.

He looked at peace, I wondered what he was dreaming of. Perhaps it was a nightmare, because he suddenly clenched his fists. I sat down next to him and touched his left arm.

Perseus was warm, too warm for a normal person to survive. He turned his head to the left and took a deep breath. For a second I thought that he had awoken.

"Perseus! Please! Wake up!" I yelled desperately.

If he didn't wake up now we would surely die. Because even though I was unable to see them I could feel their power. With them I mean the Titans.

Hyperion was gone, fortunately. Not so fortunately, Krios and Oceanus stood in front of me and Perseus.

"You have one chance, goddess. Leave now and you might live to see another day." Krios voice rang out.

I didn't answer, so the Titans thought that I had agreed. Each one of them grabbed Perseus under his arms and lifted him of the ground. His head hung down as the Titans lifted him and carried him, each Titan took one arm over their shoulders.

I was shocked to say the least, they were letting me go free. But, I couldn't leave Perseus. He had been there for me, at all times. So I made my decision, after grabbing my knives I spoke.

"Lay him down and leave, this is your only warning." I said.

They obliged, as I could faintly see them put him down. But they weren't leaving. The Titans approached me, they slowly but surely became more visible.

I didn't give them enough time to plan what they were going to do. My knives moved at an incredible speed as they left my hands. The knives struck Krios in his chest. I quickly followed.

I grabbed the knives an pulled them out of his armor. I punched him in his face twice. The third punch was midway when it got intercepted by Oceanus' hand. He grabbed my arm and punched me in my face.

I tried to stab him with the knive in my left hand. But Oceanus was quick, he dodged and grabbed both my arms. I was about to kick him when my leg exploded in pain and an impossibly loud scream escaped my mouth.

Krios had driven his knive into my left thigh. His other knive was about to come down on my neck when he suddenly stopped.

Behind Krios there were two white orbs. The Titan of heavenly constellations turned sideways just in time to block an incoming punch.

What happened next was impossible. The punch was so powerful thay Krios was thrown backwards, a second later I heard him break through the sound barrier.

Oceanus released my arms and stepped backwards. The glowinng orbs came closer, Perseus was now close enough for me to see him.

That incredible aura of his was suffocating, when he came closer breathing became much harder. The air density around him was much higher.

Oceanus put up his arms in an X, as he tried to block the incoming punch. But to no avail. Perseus moved blindingly fast, and less than a second later Oceanus disappeared into the darkness. The sound of the sound barrier being broken came again.

He turned around and faced me. His eyes slowly dimmed till they were normal again. He came closer and spoke to me in a soft voice.

"If it hadn't been for your scream I would've never woken up." Came the words out of Perseus' mouth.

"What did you see? How bad was it?" I asked impatiently.

"I think that I saw the future, and it isn't looking good." He said as he quickly turned around.

He might have had tears in his eyes, but it was too dark to be sure. I wasn't satisfied with his answer so I pressed on.

"What did you see?" I asked sternly.

"I won't tell you! I can't, I don't want to think of it anymore." Perseus answered sternly.

It must've been something really bad, so bad that someone who had been in Tartarus for about a century couldn't handle it.

"Which way do we go?" I asked him.

We both knew the way to the entrance of Tartarus, but he was the only one able to see it. Perseus looked at me with his emotionless face.

"Stay behind me, and stay close." He demanded.

"Fine." I said.

Perseus was having a lot of mood swings lately. Probably because he had to fight Death and because Achilles had stabbed him. But mostly the mood swings originated from his unconscious state.

Whenever he woke up from an unconscious state he was almost a different Perseus. To make him open up to me I decided to be more human and less goddess.

"How are you feeling?" I caringly asked.

"I'm okay, how about you?" Perseus asked.

"I am much better now that I have slept a little." I answered.

I cared about Perseus, he had saved my life on several occasions, he had also been the most loyal demigod that I had ever seen.

It didn't mean that I liked all men, in fact I hated men more because of Perseus. Because he was the living proof, all men could be like him. Poorly, they weren't.

"How did you punch them so hard?" I curiously asked Perseus.
-----------------------------------
Ares p.o.v:

As Di Angelo dissappeared in the hole I quickly grabbed his leg and pulled him out. My hand was wrapped around his ankle, I could feel Tartarus tugging at us.

I quickly pulled him out of the hole. Di Angelo looked at me angrily. I would've let him plunge to his death, but I still needed him. He needed to keep his godly powers until I was ready to take them over.

"Well wasn't that fun?" I taunted.

"Best time of my life." He said sarcastically.

"I'm getting tired of holding this chain, you wanna try?" I continued my taunting.

"Why didn't you let me fall to my death?" He asked.

"I'm giving you a chance, take it." I said.

"Rule by my side, Zeus' reign wasn't good. It barely kept us alive. I'm trying to make things better. And your father will reform, I'm sure he will join my side too against Zeus." I finished.

He looked at me, still not convinced.

"For goodness sake! Zeus denied your father a throne on Olympus! Your throne will be next to mine, together with Perseus we will make this world better." I said.

He looked a bit more convinced, so I decided to take off the celestial bronze rope. I offered him my hand, he hesitated for a bit but then he grabbed it. I pulled him up and looked into his eyes.

They were broken, the Chain of Horrors had broken him. I wasn't sure if he would stay alive, maybe he didn't want to go on. I hoped that he would stay alive long enough for me to take over his powers.

HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER!

Vote
Comment
Follow

Percy is so cool right now, I wish I was that cool.....

Till next time!