No Secrets

Artemis p.o.v:

I couldn't get myself to walk away, I tried, but I kept feeling guilty. So, I returned and sat on the ground next to Perseus, who was a mess. The massive hole in his stomach was closing, so he was healing. I looked at the lifeless form of Olympus' greatest hero/threat. I surprised myself when I started apologizing.

"We, gods, don't know what we are doing. We think we know what is best for everyone and when we are proven wrong by someone like you we don't accept it." I said. "I know that you feel betrayed, because you have been. But, the gods aren't after you to kill you, well not anymore. They want to apologize." I continued with tears in my eyes.

"And that stupid son of Zeus has been punished, not as bad as you would have been. He is now an eternal servant in camp half-blood. I know that he deserved to die, but he is still the son of the king." I said as tears were now freely rolling down my cheeks.

"Life is hard Perseus, but you can't give up after all that you've done." I said as I grabbed his hand tightly.

"You are destined for something bigger than this, bigger than being the hero of Olympus. You know, I admire you Perseus, you always kept going. Your the best swordsman the world has ever seen, including the gods. And yet, your life is far away from being decent." I tightened my grip on his hand.

"Just one last time, one last battle. So that you can die with honor and a calm mind. Instead of being stabbed by a dead hero in hell." I finished.

I expected him to open his eyes, but then again he just got impaled. The wound was almost gone. I was tired, I couldn't go on alone so I lied down. Our heads almost touched, but I kept my distance and closed my eyes.

-------------------------------------

Nico p.o.v:

Here we were sitting at the ping-pong table, all the head counsellors and Thalia. The hunters stay here at camp till Artemis returns from her journey to Tartarus.

"So, let's go over this one more time. The big three went to the entrance of Tartarus to get Percy and Artemis." Jason said as he rubbed his temples.

"I've got news." I said.

"Wait! How do you get all this information?" Piper asked.

"I practically live in the underworld, which is exactly where the entrance to Tartarus is located." I answered grimly.

"Okay, please tell us the news." Reyna said politely, the Roman praetor had joined us.

I kept my face blank as I told them the devastating news.

"I watched them approach the entrance, when Ares caught up with them." I took a deep breath. "He fooled Zeus into thinking that my father's minions had attacked him and left him wounded. They got in a fight."

"What happened?" Jason and Thalia asked at the same time.

"WHAT DO YOU THINK HAPPENED? THEY KILLED EACH OTHER." I said, I calmly finished. "Then Ares got up and finished off Poseidon as he was grieving." I said.

"Ares didn't see you?" Clarisse asked guiltily.

"No, in my panic a shadow travelled to China, I almost died." I said, my face void of any emotions.

"But it's time, Annabeth's burial starts soon. Let's go." I said, my voice cracking up.

Everybody in the room looked sad. We had lost not only our best hero, Percy. Annabeth, the smartest and nicest person you'd every meet, was dead.

Worst of all is that she didn't get the chance to say sorry to Percy. In the time that the son of Zeus used to live freely in camp he was able to convince almost everyone that Percy was a murderer.

Annabeth didn't believe it, but in the days preceding the murder, and the days after it too, Percy and Annabeth hadn't spoke to each other. Which made Percy think that she too hated him.

Most of the seven didn't speak with Percy, because they were instructed so by Chiron, who was instructed by Zeus. The king of the gods said that Percy was a bad influence. Whoever spoke to him would be banished from camp.

All the campers stood in front of Annabeth and her shroud. I wished that Percy could've been here to see her one last time. Suddenly, Athens flashed in.

Her eyes were red, she had obviously been crying. The goddess of wisdom stood in front of everyone.

"Dear demigods! The body of my daughter shall not be burned today, for I have found another purpose for Annabeth. I shall take her to my temple on Olympus, and I will find a way to give her body a purpose." Athena said before she grabbed Annabeth's hand and flashed away.

Everybody started talking. I glanced at the demigods around me. Leo Valdez caught me looking at him and walked over.

"What was that? Never mind it's Athena she'll find something." He said. "What will happen to the big three now?" Leo quickly asked before I could interrupt him.

"They'll reform, but it'll take time. When they are back, they'll start a war whether it's the big three against Ares or Poseidon and my father against Zeus and his son..... I don't know." I answered.

"So, we are talking about world war three?" He asked.

"Let's hope not." I said as I started walking towards my cabin.

I had someone to spy on, and that someone was currently in my realm. I was know the temporary ruler of the Underworld.

Just another nice chapter for you to read!! Hope you enjoyed!

Pleaseeee!!!!!!!
COMMENT
FOLLOW
VOTE

thanks.....