Connection

Artemis p.o.v:

After Chiron explained what had happened in more detail, he left me in an agitated state. Zoë noticed this and tried to calm me down.

"It's okay, they'll eventually reform, my lady." She said softly.

I looked at her sadly, "My father is done for, his throne is gone, Ares probably has his Master Bolt. Zeus is powerless."

"We can defeat Ares, we've defeated stronger. Kronos and even Gaea." An assured Zoë said.

"Heh, you know what the funny part about that is." I scoffed. "It was all Perseus, with some help sometimes. But without him we would've been dead when Kronos came back for revenge."

"That is true, well I think so. I still don't know what happened in detail." She said.

I realized that she didn't know anything from the past 10 years or so. But I left that for Thalia, enough talking material for multiple hours.

"Let's go to the hunt." I said as I stood up.
---------------------------------
Nico p.o.v:

Athena's scream tore through the air as I pushed the knife deeper in her palm. That's when everything went wrong.

Suddenly all I could see where fragments of horror, so horrific that even I went into a shock. I could vaguely feel my head resting against Athena's, until she pushed me over and I crashed down on the floor.

Images kept flashing before my eyes, people dying, mass murders and things so disgusting I'm sure that even my father wouldn't be able to stomach.

Athena's voice sounded gentle in my ears and I answered, "I wish I wasn't."

Fortunately for my sanity everything went black and I faded away.
------------------------------
Athena p.o.v:

I watched as Di Angelo's eyes rolled back in his head. The amount of time he would spend unconscious was fairly short, it took him about 15 minutes to wake up.

He looked at me, his face clear of any emotion. The god of the underworld slowly stood up and walked even slower. He left the room, but immediately came back with keys.

Nico cautiously opened the shackles and set me free. I looked at his face, dark eyes, dark hair and a slim face, quite the 'demi' god if you asked me.

Hesitantly I decided to let him be and not attack him. He looked at me with the same expression that he always seemed to carry, as if he was bored with everything around him.

"Follow me, I'll get you back to the world of the living." He said softly, I barely heard him.

"What the Hades just happened to you?" I asked curiously.

"I touched the Chain of Horrors." He said bluntly.

"WHAT! How could you be so stupid!" I yelled.

I had read about the Chain of Horrors, nobody had ever touched it and survived. It would slowly drive you insane and make you suicidal.

The visions were the first stage, followed by random pain and even worse, hallucinations of death over and over again until you followed the will of the Chain to the afterlife.

"It was the only way to save Percy and Artemis, Ares tricked me! I didn't even know what the Chain was until I grabbed it." Nico answered angrily.

My heart went out to him, he didn't even know that he would die soon. And quite frankly I didn't want him to.

"Come on let's go!" He said as he pointed at a door in front of us. "Where do you want to go?"

"What?" I asked confused.

"Where do you want to go?" He repeated.

"I get that! Why do you ask?" I answered, annoyance clear in my tone.

He looked at me through squinted eyes before answering. "The door takes you wherever you want to be."

"Oh, well my library then." I answered as I looked at him expectantly.

"Well? What are you waiting for?" He asked.

I realized that I had to walk through the door. Behind the door was a darkness, which I hesitantly stepped into.

"So much for the goddess of wisdom." I heard Nico whisper as I disappeared into the infinite dark.
--------------------------------
Percy p.o.v:

I walked through the streets of Manhattan, many things had changed. Shops had opened and some had closed down. I could faintly remember a few shops that I used to visit.

As I rounded the corner, I recognized my favorite place for coffee. I opened the door and was greeted with the familiar strong smell of coffee. I walked over to the counter and ordered my favorite, a normal coffee with some self-added nectar.

I sat down at the table that was as far back as possible. It was the first time in 100 years that I was going to drink something. My body was tense with anticipation, waiting for the shot of caffeine and nectar. I felt as if my whole world was focused on the white cup in front of me.

As soon as the liquid touched my tongue I felt myself relaxing, my mind overwhelmed with memories. I might've blacked out for a few minutes. Because when I opened my eyes a girl was sitting opposite me.

The girl had long dark black hair and brown eyes that looked almost green. She looked at me with a smile on her face, "You seem to be enjoying that cup of coffee."

"It's been a while since my last one." I answered.

"It must've been a century at least then, that's how much you were enjoying it!" She laughed.

For a moment my body tensed up again with anticipation, only this time I was ready to fight. I realized that the girl was just what she looked like, a girl. Not a monster, not a titan and not a demigod, that's what I was hoping.

"If only you knew!" I said with a fake chuckle.

"It's pretty warm in here, why are you still covering your head with your hoodie?" She asked innocently.

"Don't really feel like I want to be seen right now." I answered honestly.

"Oh, so that's how it is. I feel you." She said.

"Excuse me, how are you feeling me?" I was confused. She wasn't touching me, yet she said that she was feeling me. Maybe, it was just an expression.

"What? Not physically dummy! I feel what you are saying, as in sometimes I feel like not wanting to be seen." She answered with a sweet smile on her face.

"How old are you?" I asked before she could say anything.

"I'm 18, my birthday was last week! What about you?" She said happily, this girl was full of positivity.

I didn't actually now what to answer, I had been through at least 100 years. But I hadn't aged, I decided to go with 18.

"I'm 18 too, hope you had a nice birthday." I said.

"Yeah, it was okay. That is if you don't count my boyfriend breaking up with me one day later." She said sadly.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Uhmm, what's your name?" I realized that I didn't know her name.

"Nah, you can't do anything about it. My name is Chloë." She stretched out her hand, waiting for me to shake it.

"Percy." I said as I took hold of her hand.

Hope you enjoyed!

Comment what you think about the story!

Vote!

Follow!

Comment!

Peace out!