Bob Must Die

Percy p.o.v:

Artemis had helped me track down one of the Titans, she seemed eager to help me. Coincidentally, the Titan wasn't far away from our current place of residence.

Artemis had finished packing up with the hunt, she was waiting for everyone to gather around her to tell them about our plans.

Finally, everyone was standing around us. The girls looked at Artemis expectantly, they knew what was coming and they enjoyed doing it.

"We are going on a hunt!" Artemis was met with a loud shout of excitement.

"But! We are hunting a Titan, so I need everyone to focus and listen. This will not be easy! Let's go!" Artemis declared.

Everybody followed Artemis as she left the clearing. We entered the dense forest and the dark instantly shrouded us, the sun blocked by the massive trees.

The plan that Artemis, Zoë and I had formed was relatively easy on paper. Kill the Titan, find him again, kill him and so forth. But in actuality finding a Titan was much harder than one would think.

When a Titan dies they go to Tartarus, they reform there and slowly get their body back. Then when they are fully restored they have to find their way out of Tartarus. That's when Artemis and I could track them down. This has to be repeated three times, if I wanted to take their power.

"Why didn't you tell them which Titan we are tracking?" I asked Artemis.

"It's not of importance yet, when we are close enough I tell them everything they need to know." She answered.

"So, do you expect everything to go to plan?" Zoë asked.

"Of course not." Artemis and I said at the same time. She glanced at me and smiled.

"These things rarely go according to our plans, especially with an enemy this strong, and our hunt is down in numbers as well. No room for errors." Artemis continued.

"Don't worry about numbers, make sure you are focused on the problems that will arise when we arrive." I said.

"We've fought Titans before, we can easily do it again." Zoë said.

"Don't underestimate your enemy. Furthermore, last time that the hunt faced a Titan things went very badly." I countered. "You should know all this, you're a seasoned warrior."

"Of course, just want this to be over with. Why are we looking for problems anyway." Zoë asked.

"Well, they'll come looking for us soon enough anyway. Might as well deal with them now." I answered quickly.

"And he wants to take over their powers, like he did with Hyperion. 3 kills and you'll achieve another title." Artemis added.

"Well, I do want to stay close to Ares, power level that is."

Zoë seemed to like that answer and nodded. The destination was an hour or three away from us. Nerves started working on me.

-----------2 hours later-----------

The hunt had spread around the Titan's encampment, watching silently from trees. The camp was not as big as one might expect, the main  tent stood in the middle, it was surrounded by 15 smaller tents.

Monsters roamed around the encampment, there were Hellhounds, Cyclopses and many other monsters. We were outnumbered 5/6 to one. Fortunately, they weren't expecting us.

Artemis had informed the hunt about the Titan, Iapetus or as he once was known Bob, and our plan.

Everyone was getting ready for the signal, Artemis would make a specific Bird sound to set our plan into motion.