Getting out

Artemis p.o.v:

Perseus walked in front of Zoë and me. He kept the pace very high. Zoë could barely keep up. Suddenly she doubled over and took deep breaths.

"I can't continue. Let's take a short break please." A tired Zoë said.

Perseus turned around and walked back, he looked at Zoë's face from a very close distance. He then slung her over his shoulder and started walking again.

"PUT ME DOWN!" Zoë yelled as she punched Perseus' back.

"Calm down. There is no time to stop. The Titans are nearby and I don't want to fight 3 or 4 Titans at once." He said calmly.

"Can you carry me too?" I joked.

He looked at me sideways, his left eyebrow went up. "Are you serious?" He asked.

"I'm joking, but I can't see a lot." I said.

"Walk behind me and hold Zoë's hand." He suggested.

So I held her hand. "This is not comfortable." Zoë said.

Approximately one hour had passed when Zoë wanted to walk again. Suddenly Perseus stopped walking and stopped Zoë and me.

"They are very close. Stay here, lay down on the ground and don't make a sound." He demanded.

We did what he said and stayed silent. Perseus walked away, what had been 10 minutes felt like 1 hour. Suddenly I heard someone approaching, at an inhuman speed.

Perseus stopped next to us and grabbed my arm. "Let's go! I found our way out, but they are coming." He said hurriedly.

We took off running, barely keeping up with Perseus. After a minute or two a soft light shone dimly from above. Right in front of us a cable or chain was dangling a few inches from the ground.

"Someone is waiting for us." Perseus said.

Suddenly I knew what the chain was. By the time that I had said something Perseus had already grabbed the chain.

"That- that is the Chain Of Horrors!" I said.

Perseus' hand made a hissing noise, his hand burned. He dropped to his knees, unable to release the chain. I hurried over to him, I tried to get his hand free from the grasp of the chain.

"Help me out!" I yelled at Zoë.

As she helped me get his fingers loose from the chain, Perseus slowly looked at me. His eyes filled with tears. He released the chain from his hand.

He tried to stand up, but his legs were weakened. He fell frontwards onto me, together we fell on the ground. Perseus was unconscious. His head rested just above my chest, I tried to get away from under him. But he weighed at least a ton.

Zoë quickly came to the rescue and helped me flip him onto his back. I stood up and looked around. I could vaguely see 3 silhouettes in the distance.

"PERSEUS! PERSEUS! Please get up!" I said as I dropped to my knees and started shaking him.

Just as I thought that it was too late he opened his eyes. His pupils had disappeared. A bright white light shone from his eyes.

He stood up and walked over to the chain. He grabbed the chain tightly, I had no time to warn him. Somehow he kept holding on.

He pointed at me and then at his left leg, he then pointed at Zoë and his right leg. Perseus looked behind us and yanked the chain down. It quickly started moving up.

Zoë and I quickly grabbed his legs, as he was suspended in the air. As we looked down two arrows flew past us. Suddenly, the chain got pulled up much faster. Speeding up until I had to close my eyes from the air.

A minute later the chain slowed down, I heard two voices, one I knew the other was vaguely familiar. The two men pulled us out of the Pit. We lay on the ground, I looked up. In front of me stood Ares and Nico Di Angelo.

"Finally!" A tired Ares huffed.
-------------------------------------
Thalia p.o.v:

With Lady Artemis gone, the hunt was under my command. Currently, we took residence in Artemis' cabin in Camp Half-Blood.

The hunt had seen better days, 15 hunters were all that was left of the hunt. We burned many shrouds the day of Artemis' disappearance. She thought that she had gotten us into safety, but we were soon surrounded by monsters. Only the best and strongest made it out, with the exception of two new girls.

Artemis' has been missing for only 5 days, but in Tartarus that might be weeks. I spoke with Chiron and insisted that the Hunt should be looking for Artemis, but he wanted the hunters to rest. He was right, the girls were exhausted.

The death of The Big Three was not allowed to get out, the camp would become a chaos.

I stood up from my bed in Artemis' cabin. On my way to the Zeus cabin I met Reyna, she was supposed to be in New Rome by now.

"Aren't you supposed to be in Camp Jupiter?" I asked curiously.

"Yes, but I decided to wait for Jason and Piper." She answered.

"Oh, okay. Safe travels!" I said as I walked past her and patted her shoulder.

I continued my boring journey. I walked into the cabin, but I wasn't alone. Jason was there too.

"You leaving for Camp Jupiter?" I asked him.

"Yeah, there's no need for my superior leadership here." He joked.

"Haha, very funny." I said drily.

"Why don't you and the rest of the hunt go with us?" Jason asked.

"I don't think it's a good idea, the hunt is too small for travel. Until Artemis is back I don't think I'll be going anywhere." I stated.

"You sound awfully sure that she'll come back. It's more of an 'if' than a 'when', don't you think?" He said.

"No, I'm sure that she'll come back. This is Artemis we are talking about." I answered irritatedly.

"Yes, but it has been Percy that you have been talking about for the last 5 years. When he disappeared from the face of the earth. You couldn't find his tracks, right? Maybe he's been in Tartarus for the last 5 years? Maybe he's been stuck in there? MAYBE WE'LL NEVER SEE THEM AGAIN?" Jason ranted angrily.

"Maybe you are right, but I can't give up on them now." I answered after a few seconds.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean it. Maybe they'll find their way back here." He said as he grabbed his packed bag and walked out the door.

I looked around the room and plumped down on Jason's bed. Maybe they would find their way out of Tartarus.

Sorry you had to wait so long, I've been focusing on school a little.

Anyway, hope you enjoyed this chapter!

COMMENT!

VOTE!

FOLLOW!