Chain Of Horrors

Ares p.o.v:
As I entered my room, I started to take off my armor. I lay down on my bed and I thought of my plan. Everything was going as planned, the only person that could thwart my plans was in Tartarus, and he was not alone.

"Hello there!" Came the voice of a woman.

"Who the hell are-" I said as I summoned a sword to my hand and quickly got up.

Only to find Aphrodite, normally a blonde, with long brown hair and a very beautiful but different face, and voice.

"Where's the Aphrodite I know?" I asked as I lay down on my bed.

"She has changed her ways. I'm here to speak with you." She said, while looking seriously.

"What do you mean? No good time tonight?" I asked.

"No, I am afraid not." She said as she sat down.

"I need to know if you are really going to execute that plan of yours." She was the only one that knew of it.

"Of course I am going to execute my plan!" I said.

"Because, I am leaving you. I can't help you with this crazy plan. You won't succeed and then we will be hanging over Tartarus or working at some king's palace as normal people." Aphrodite stood up and walked over to the door.

"What makes you think that? I have been making this plan for ages!" I yelled as I stood up.

"Gods with more power than you have tried it before, without success!" She yelled.

"And honestly, do you really think that you can convince Perseus to join you?" She finished.

"Of course! For I will be the one to get him out of Tartarus!" I yelled and walked over to Aphrodite.

"You are stupid! Do you hear me, you will regret this!" Aphrodite yelled.

"If you value your life, you better leave now!" I said with my teeth clenched.

She turned around and walked away without saying a word. I looked around and I saw that it was already time to meet the big three.

I put on my armor, which was grey and had white accents. I teleported myself to the throne room, not flashed no I teleported. I'm the only one who is able to do that, none of the gods know of it.

I found out how to use the power when I was in a battle. I can only teleport when I'm powerful enough, my powers come from all the fighting, all the hate and conflict around the world and mostly it's from Olympus.

Hades was the first one of the big three to arrive, he solidified out of the shadows. Next was Poseidon, he came in with a fresh sea breeze. Of course Zeus had to make a big show of it. Lightning struck in the middle, and there he was.

"Hades, I suggest that you lead the way, since your the one that knows it." Zeus said.

"He's not the only one, I know it too. I will catch up with you, I have to get the Chain Of Horrors, which I totally forgot about." I answered.

"Wait, why is it called that?" Poseidon asked.

"No one really knows, there is only one rumor, the one that uses the chain will see horrors. That's the only thing that I know about it." Hades answered.

"How do you know?" Poseidon replied.

"I read it in a book somewhere! Let's go already!" Hades said as he walked a few meters, than turned around and gestured for his brothers to follow him.

I waited for the big three to leave and then I teleported myself to Aphrodite.

"What do I have to do to get this Chain of Horrors?" I asked her.

"You have to sacrifice a demigod. And as you are doing so you have to say the following words: one sacrifice for one life, help me save the one I need. For I know it is a good deed." Aphrodite said.

"A demigod? One from camp half-blood?" I asked in disbelief.

"Yes, and it has to be someone close to him." She said as she gestured for me to leave.

I flashed myself to camp half-blood. I was welcomed by Chiron.

"I need Annabeth. She will go on a quest for me." I demanded

"Of course Lord Ares, I will get her immediately." Chiron said as he took off.

He returned a few minutes later, with Annabeth.

"I have lost my shield, and you will find it for me!" I said.

"Ughh, not again!" The girl said.

"Yes! Again!" I yelled. "Now!"

"Where is it?" She asked.

"I don't know, the last time I had it I was in Detroit." I informed her.

"Okay, I will go and get your shield." She said.

"Oh, and you must go alone." I finished off before flashing away.

I waited for a few hours, I was waiting for Annabeth to go on her 'quest'. When she had finally left, and I made sure that she was alone I flashed behind her.

She was standing in a empty building. On the wall, it said something like 'monocle motors'. I stabbed my sword through her back, and heart.

"One sacrifice for one life, help me save the one I need. For I know it is a good deed." I said as she slowly fell backwards.

She died without saying a word, I carefully put her down, when I had put her down I saw something glistening around her neck. It was a necklace.

'Wise girl and Seaweed brain, forever together." I read softly.

"How cute!" I said as I started laughing.

Suddenly a small chain materialized on the ground. It was very short. It was shorter than my arm.

I flashed myself back to Aphrodite.

"What the Hades is this?" I asked angrily.

"It will be the perfect length when you need it." She said as she turned around and sat down on her bed.

"So.... What do I do for it to get to this 'perfect' length?" I asked angrily.

"Nothing, it will be as big as you need it to be to safe Perseus." She answered.

It took some time, but here it is :D
ENJOY!

VOTE
FOLLOW
COMMENT