Tears of Truth

Perseus p.o.v:

I just wish I had time to settle our troubles, why did she have to die? I sat down at a tree trunk at the edge of the camp. The morning hadn't even started and my day was already weighing down on me like a truck. The weather contradicted my feelings, the sun was out and shining brightly. There was not one cloud in sight, but if I wanted the darkness I wouldn't have to look far.

I concentrated for a second and closed my eyes. When I opened my eyes the sun had nearly disappeared from the hunter's encampment. Darkness shrouded the camp, the same way that my thoughts clouded my judgment and mood. I tried to be positive, I tried to suppress the years of endless torture and torment, and I wrongly expected some of the gods to help me with that. If they only cared for themselves, then why shouldn't I? I was their leader now, well at least one of them.

I was lost in thought and unconsciously the clearing had turned nearly pitch black, my train of dark thoughts was broken by a figure standing in front of me. I blinked my eyes and the clearing lit up, only for me, my eyes reverting to some sort of night vision.

"It's starting to look like the end times out here." Zoë sarcastically said.

"Well, perhaps it is." I answered shortly.

Zoë extended an open hand towards me, "come on Perseus, pick yourself up. You're stronger than this."

I grabbed her hand, "Perhaps I am. How would you know?"

"Stories travel fast Perseus, in life and death." She said as she pulled me up from my seating position with remarkable strength for her size, a daughter of Atlas of course.

I looked at her with confusion clear on my face. She pointed at the sky, "I can barely see you," the sun instantly brightened, forcing Zoë to squint her eyes from the sudden change in light. "I'll tell you how I know." She continued.

I looked around the clearing, the tents placed on the outside formed a circle around the campfire. There was an opening where no tents were placed, Zoë stood with her back to that opening, it formed a sort of entrance/exit. I looked at the center of the camp and a few hunters were looking at us curiously.

"Please do tell." Curiosity increased ever so slightly.

"You don't realize it, do you?"

 "Realize what?"

"You are a legend Perseus, an actual Legend!" She seemed to realize that her hand was still holding mine, Zoë quickly pulled away her hand and fixed her dark brown hair behind her ears as she continued. "I have lived for nearly 2000 years and yet I haven't accomplished the things that you did!"

"Don't sell yourself short, you left a legacy that I could only dream of. I mean I am part of your legacy." I countered.

"I'm not selling myself short, you even softened my heart towards males and towards you! I can't believe I could ever say this.... Perseus, you are like a brother to me. I gave my life for you, and I didn't even know you so well. Because I knew YOU would do the same for me, EVEN NOW!" Zoë's voice fluctuated with emotion. "Tell me, Perseus. Would you still give your life for me?"

"I... I..." I had not seen that coming, "of course, always." I answered after getting my head together.

"Don't waste your life after you've accomplished so many great things, you are the greatest demigod to have ever walked the earth. You took down gods and titans. Don't let Tartarus mess with your head, I'm here for you. And so is Thalia and Artemis. I know the latter might not show it often, but she has a soft spot for you, like most of the hunters."

I looked over her shoulder to see most hunters listening in from a distance. I looked back at Zoë, she was still gorgeously beautiful, her copper-colored skin shone under the sunlight. The silver circlet in her hair caught a sunray and reflected it into my eye, I remained unaffected. However, a few tears gathered in my eyes.

"Are you getting soft on me Perseus?" She smiled.

"No, that's just the bright sun." I smiled back.

"I'm sure it is!" Zoë surprised me with a hug, a surprisingly tight one too, I hugged her back.

"Quite the grip you got there." I said in her ear.

"Daughter of Atlas thing, sometimes I forget." She released me and I groaned slightly.

"Thank you Zoë, I really needed that." I thanked her.

"No thanks needed." She turned around and walked towards the camp, after 3 steps she stopped, "Remember what I said about your sword, I am honored that you carry this sword." She reminded me of the horrendous time that she died.

"Yeah, I remember."

"Being honored and you being worthy are two different things," She turned around and faced me, "Want to see if you are worthy?" The graceful hunter pointed towards a small arena next to the camp. Her bow materializing in her other hand instantly.

I shrugged my shoulder, "Why not?"

-----------------------------------------------------
3rd Person p.o.v:

Artemis looked at the interaction between, debatable, her best hunter yet and her new fearless leader. She smiled slightly as she saw Zoë hug Perseus. The interaction continued, they seemed to head to the arena for some sparring.

Artemis walked out of the shadow and followed the rest of the hunters to enjoy the show. She felt guilty, she knew that much.

"I'll make it up to you somehow." She promised herself as walked towards the small crowd.

Comment what you think about the story!

I kept Zoë as canon as possible. Her interactions with Perseus and such. Even her bow materializing and her above demigod-average strength. TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK!!!!!!!!!

Vote!

Follow!

Comment!

Peace out!