Hunting

Percy p.o.v:

Chloë and I talked for a while, but I couldn't get myself to trust or believe her. A small voice in my head urged me to test if she was truly a mortal. And I had just the tool for that.

I pulled riptide out of my pocket and twirled it between my fingers. Chloë looked at the pen, with no sign of surprise.

"You always keep a pen in your pocket?" A curious Chloë asked.

"Yeah, I can't get rid of it." I said.

Chloë laughed, which I didn't like. Because it reminded me of someone, I had been in Tartarus for a century and yet I hadn't forgotten this laugh.

I twirled the pen faster in my hand, I launched and it knocked off the empty cup of coffee. It crashed down and spread along the floor. It looked like an accident but it wasn't.

As soon as Chloë looked down I grabbed Riptide and uncapped it under the table. The familiar sound of the sword filled my ears.

Chloë looked at me, her eyes wide from shock. She tried to play it off.

"That's going to be hard to clean up." She laughed.

I looked at her, I stared deep into her eyes. After a few seconds she got uncomfortable, it might've been the light but her eye color changed to a lighter shade.

"Helloooo!" Chloë waved her hands in front of me.

But I didn't answer, instead I slowly closed in with Riptide. I was approximately one inch away from her knee. I slowly pushed my sword forward.

For a millisecond I felt nothing, which would mean that Chloë was a mortal girl and that Riptide had passed through her. But then I felt resistance and Chloë's face shifted to an expression of pain.

"Auw!" 'Chloë' exclaimed.

My facial expression changed to one of anger. She must've felt intimidated, as she visibly slid down her seat. Effectively pushing the sword further up her knee.

"Hello Aphrodite." I said angrily.

----------------------------------------------

Artemis p.o.v:

Zoë and I went to the hunt, to prepare for our coming hunt. It took me 2 years to find Percy last time and I immediately lost him afterwards. I was hoping to have a bit more luck this time.

I decided to go with a small group, because traveling would be faster and easier. Thalia, Zoë, Atalanta and I got ready to go.

We walked to the Poseidon cabin and entered, most parts of the cabin looked unmoved. Expect for the bed and shower.

"This is very uncomfortable." Thalia said.

"It's going to be a bit more uncomfortable." I joked as I preceded the huntresses into the bathroom.

I was about to express my shock, but Thalia and Atalanta beat me to it.

"What the-" Atalanta started.

"Hades!" Thalia finished for her.

The shower had red stains everywhere, and it was clearly blood. The towel that had been tossed aside was mostly red.