Confrontations

Percy p.o.v:

"How did you punch them so hard?" Artemis asked.

She expected me to know the answer, but I didn't. All the anger that coursed through my body must've activated my secret power.

"I have no idea," I said when I suddenly remembered something. "Weren't you just stabbed in the leg?" I asked curiously.

"Yeah, but I'm alright." She answered. I wasn't convinced.

"Artemis show me your leg." I demanded.

"You seem to forget that I'm the goddess here. Do not speak to me in such tone, understood?" She answered.

I nodded and she hesitantly showed me her leg, she was bleeding out. For some reason she didn't deem it as a big problem, which got me quite angry.

"I fought Thanatos for your life and you just decide to not mention that you are bleeding to death!" I said angrily.

"I'm fine! I can take care of myself." Artemis said the last part softly, she was on the verge of fainting.

I kneeled down and put pressure on her leg. My hand was covered in golden ichor. I asked her to sit down and she did.

"Why? Why didn't you say anything?" I asked.

She looked at me as if I was asking some stupid question. "I don't want to be saved by a male all the time Perseus. I decided to be strong for myself. Not my smartest idea."

She started searching her pockets, she was wearing silver armor. There were two hidden pockets, one for small knives and one for ambrosia. She pulled out a small piece of ambrosia, just enough to close the wound.

"Luckily, I still have this." She said as she brandished the piece of ambrosia in the palm of her hand.

She was about to eat it when her eyes rolled back and her head fell down. She fainted, with the piece of ambrosia still in her palm.

She needed that ambrosia if she wanted to survive, so there was only one thing I could do. I grabbed the piece of ambrosia and put it in my mouth and started chewing on it.

I grabbed Artemis' head and softly pinched her nose, I put my lips on hers. She was definitely going to kill me. I let the ambrosia into her mouth and pushed her chin up, she swallowed the pre-chewed ambrosia.

I stepped back and waited for the ambrosia to do its work. Finally Artemis eyes opened. She tasted the ambrosia in her mouth and looked at me suspiciously.

"How?" She simply asked.

"Uhh. I had to, you know, like pre-chew it for you?" I said awkwardly.

Before I knew it she had pulled out her knives and jumped onto me. I was lying down on my back, Artemis held her knives at my throat. Her warm breath slowly stroked my face.

The smell of trees and whatnot filled my nose. Her auburn hair tickled my cheek, I looked into her cold eyes. They instantly reminded me of Koios, her grandfather.

"How dare you?" She said through gritted teeth.

She pushed down one of her knives, but instead of drawing blood they came of clean. Or at least as clean as they had been, with dried Titan blood.

Artemis got even angrier, she hid her knives and went to punch me, in my face. I quickly grabbed her fist and stopped her.

"Artemis, please calm down. You'll only hurt yourself." I said softly. "You need to understand that I didn't have a choice."

She scowled at me and clenched her teeth. She was silent for a bit.

"I'd rather die than have you or any other male touch me in such way!" She declared angrily.