Official Business Pt.1

Percy p.o.v:

"Goodmorning Perseus!" Artemis' voice rang through my workroom.

"It's 6AM, why are you in here?" I raised my eyebrow.

"Not even a goodmorning back?" She looked offended, "I'm here to talk, but if you're too grumpy, I'll leave it for another time."

"No, I'm sorry, come take a seat. I just haven't had a lot of sleep lately." I explained.

"Why not? You went back to your tent yesterday around midnight. How much sleep did you get?" Artemis asked as she sat down in my recliner.

"Ehh, not much, something like 30 minutes. I fell asleep on my desk while thinking about something."

"What kept you up all night?" She questioned.

"Well, two things. Nico and a problem between the gods."

"Nico I already know about," she nodded, "what's this problem you're talking about."

"I'm trying to solve a problem between Hermes and your brother, Apollo." I looked at her with a fake smile on my face.

"Oh. What did he do?" She leaned forward in her chair.

"Hermes and Apollo are both fighting for the same woman. She's a mortal, 20 years old and she was doing fine. Until those two dipshits decided to invade her life. To her they are two guys who she met at the gym, she can't make up her mind and she isn't focusing on her study anymore. Because she has to make time for dates with those two."

"Let them figure it out, you don't have to care so much about the details. I'm sure they'll find a way." Artemis said.

"I get why you say that, it's because Zeus used to rule like that. But I'll tell you something, when I was a demigod I saw how peoples lifes were affected because of dumb actions like this. If I don't find a fitting solution, this poor girl will fall in love with one of them and probably drop out of college and then either Hermes or Apollo will just dissappear and leave her in a mess." I explained.

"So, what are you gonna do?" Artemis asked the obvious question.

"WE are gonna meet this girl in person and you will convince her that your brother and your nephew are not good for her and that she should stay away from them. Then I will forbid them from ever seeing her again."

"Wait what? I am not your pawn Perseus!" Artemis protested.

"Dear Artemis, I have allowed you to be my superior only when we are dealing with the Hunt. But, don't forget, I am your king! I speak to you not as an equal, and my decisions are final." I reminded her of her position in a calm tone.

"And if I say no? What will you do? Throw me into the underworld?" She mocked me.

"No, I won't do anything. But, you'd be messing up a pretty cool friendship thing that we have going. Plus, you shouldn't forget to have me on your side when a war breaks out. Since we both know that things aren't gonna be going as smooth as they are now, once our parents and uncle return from the dead. If the world isn't in total war already because of Ares by then." I shrugged.

"So, when are we leaving?" Artemis stood up from the recliner. "You didn't have to pull the rank card on me, Perseus. I would've done it anyway."

"We're going tonight!" I said with fake excitement as I stretched my back and my legs.

"What do we do until then?" The goddess asked.

"Thats up to you, you're the queen here!" I chuckled.

"You're such a comedian, Perseus. Come let's go see if we can find any traces of Titans."

"Sounds like a plan!" I said as I followed her.

-----------------------------------
Artemis p.o.v:

I had called for the entire hunt to gather up at the campfire. I decided to split up the hunt into small divisions and send them out for reconcile missions, while Perseus and I went away on official god business.

So that the hunt would be used to its full extent. Nobody would be sitting idle.

"Thalia and Atalanta, you will be going together to the entrance of Tartarus in the underworld. If you meet any resistance, state your business and that you are carrying out Perseus' orders. Once you reach the entrance, guard it from a distance. Should anyone come out of there, hide and report back."

"Azalea, you will join Zoë and go to the labyrinth. There you will try to locate the pit to Tartarus. For you as well, don't engage, come back and report." I told one of my senior hunters, she was a skilled assassin and an even more skilled tracker. She stood taller than most of the girls, her hair was black and her eyes seemed so too. Her skin was lightly colored, she could pass as a Latina.

I went down the list of the remaining hunters. It wasn't very long, the hunt needed to get some new recruits.

Perseus stepped next to me, indicating that he had something to say. "If you encounter any god or goddess, make sure you tell them you're on official business, my official business. Here, put on these." Perseus handed out rings with a small logo on it. It seemed to be a pegasus. "Thats my seal, Blackjack was his name."

Perseus looked sad, I remembered the Pegasus. A black horse with wings that had formed a close bond with Perseus. The Pegasus had left in search of Perseus, but no one has seen him since then. Most assumed he had died.

"Anyway, if they give you trouble, I'll make sure they regret it." Perseus finished. The hunt left to pack their belongings.

He looked at me, his eyes much like the ocean, waves seemed to pull me in and push me out again. I focussed my eyes on something else, his mouth. His lips moved, but I wasn't paying attention to what he was saying. I only saw how they moved up and down.

"Damn it." I said.

"What?" Perseus looked confused.

"Nothing, nothing. Shall we?" I shook my head. Perseus nodded and he turned around and started walking. I followed suit.

Here ya go!

Hope you enjoyed! Not much action, but at least the story is getting along.

COMMENT!

VOTE!

FOLLOW!