35

<3rd POV>

Harry woke up to the sound of birds chirping. He yawned as he sat up on his bed, stretching like a cat would do after a long nap. He silently casted a tempus. '06.00' Harry smirked to himself as he realized it was the 31st of July. His birthday. 

His eyes slowly moved towards a picture of him and the founders along with Merlin. His 11th birthday. He quickly shook the memories aside. No use on dwelling on the past. He was turning 12 today. 

Harry stood up, popping his bones, and walked towards the outside balcony. Leaning on the silver railing, he watched as the sun peeked from behind the mountains. Riddle Manor was definitely beautiful, and Tom had definitely choose a proper place. The view of the mountain could be seen, and there were very little civilians, making it easier to play Quidditch without worrying about the Muggles seeing. 

There was a forest at the back of the property, perfect for Moony's monthly furry little problem. Harry was lucky that the full moon was not for another week. At least he won't have a grumpy dad today on his birthday.

Harry always enjoyed the sunrise. To him, sunrise is a symbol of birth and rebirth, of awakening. The coming of light. Resurrection. Watching the sunrise every day has helped Harry see light within himself—potential, possibility, peace, and the feeling that all will be well. A reason why he had taken up to waking early in order to watch the fascinating natural ritual. 

He sighed as he walked back into his gigantic room, courtesy of being the owner of this Manor's brother. His green and silver bed sat in the middle of the right wall, with two nightstands on the either side. His brown desk and chair stood in the dark corner of the room, where stacks of parchments and quills sat, ready to be used. Four doors could be found in his room. One leading to the outside of his room, another leading to the balcony. The balcony itself has a silver table and two chairs, perfect for coffee and peace. One more door led to a walk-in closet, clothes bought by Narcissa and Sirius. The final door lead to the bathroom. 

He entered the bathroom and took a well needed shower. 

~

He walked out of his room an hour later, after much thinking about which outfit to wear. He finally decided on a casual yet attracting outfit. He decided on a white t-shirt, a black jacket, dark blue ripped jeans, and white sneakers. Perfect for his birthday. 

His black hair was messed up, his green eyes sparkling brightly as he exited his room and started his way down to the dining table. The sleeves of his jacket was rolled up till his elbows, if not, he would be sweating like crazy.

It was 07.00, too early for the other house occupants to wake up. The only one awake at this time, would be his brother Tom, and occasionally his sister Rosaline. Speaking of Rosaline...

Harry stopped in front of her door, before opening the door quietly. He peeked inside and saw her wide awake waiting for him. It had became a daily routine for the two. He slipped into the room, immediately being tackled by Rosaline, who was currently grabbing onto him like he was the last lifejacket on a sinking ship. 

"Happy birthday Harry!" Rosaline squealed, tightening her grip on Harry's body. 

Harry laughed and bent down to pick her up and place her at his waist. "Thank you Rosy, now let's go down and see Uncle Tom shall we?" 

Yup. Uncle Tom. He refuse to be anything other than Uncle to the young child. 

As the two made their way down the hallway, Harry ran his fingers along the wall, an odd habit he picked up ever since he was young. 

"Happy birthday Harry!" Tom greeted from the head of the dining table, putting down his daily prophet. 

"Morning Tom. Thanks." Harry returned the greeting sitting in his usual spot at the dining table, placing Rosaline gently on the chair next to him.