46

<3rd POV>

The next thing he knew, he had snuck up to the Slytherin dorms right before Potter and the Weasleys woke up. 

(The poor basilisk will manage to get back into the chamber). 

The first thing Harry realized when he got back into the common room was that it was oddly silent. The Slytherin common room were definitely not the loudest common room. (ok, so maybe this particular room with green banners hanging on the sides wasn't the second loudest... nor the third loudest.) Yet it was unusually quiet. Too quiet. 

But he shrugged it off. Maybe they were all asleep or something. Harry glanced at the clock. Midnight.

No wonder the common room was so silent.

He crept into his shared dorm with the boys. He was half expecting them to stay awake, but he knew it was just wistful thinking. Because who wants to wait up till midnight? 

Well, his expectations were right. Draco and Blaise were sitting on the edges of their beds, arguing over what is the best subject, potions (Draco's claim) or Charms (Blaise' claim). (Honestly, Harry would suggest Defense is the best subject, why not?)

"Hey you're back!." Draco's voice was soft, as to not disturb the other occupants of the room.

"Mhm, and Potter 'defeated the basilisk." Harry whispered back, climbing over to his own bed before flopping on it.

"You mean the fake one right..." Blaise said hesitantly, earning a whack to head by Draco.

"Of course the fake one you idiot! Imagine if it was the real one, Salazar would get our heads. Literally." Draco hissed, sounding like a snake.

Blaise looked offended as he laid down on his bed. Not even 5 minutes later, a loud commotion erupted in the common room. 

The rest of the room occupants woke up startled. Harry would agree... waking up to hurried footsteps in the corridor was definitely not a pleasant way to wake up. 

"What in bloody hell was that?" Alex finally broke the silence, rubbing sleep out of his eyes.

Draco shrugged, brushing his blonde hair out of his eyes, as he stood up and cracked the dorm room open. 

Immediately, loud voices entered the room. 

"It's kinda like a riot down there isn't it?" Theo asked.

"Well, why don't you go check it?" Blaise remarked, slowly putting on his shoes. 

Harry glanced at Blaise only to see a smirk forming on the corner of his mouth. So this was Blaise's plan. To get Theo to make sure that nothing bad was going on in the common room. If it was, suffice to say Blaise would be safe.

Theo didn't pay any careful attention to Blaise's word however, and slipped outside rather quickly. A few minutes later, he entered the room again, banging open the door loudly, startling Alex from his sleep (he had fallen asleep again). 

"There's a party! Happening in the Great Hall!" Theo said in short breaths, before he turned on his heel and ran back out. 

"Do we really have to go? I'd rather sleep." Alex muttered into his pillow.

"You can just sleep. We'll tell you whether anything important happen tomorrow morning." Draco offered, patting his shoulder. 

Alex hummed in response, too tired to even talk. Draco, Blaise, and Harry hurried outside of the room, remembering to turn the lights off for Alex.

"What do you think this party is all about?" Draco asked.

"If my predictions are right, and they are always right," Harry started, earning several eye rolls and coughs from the two, "they are sometimes right, it should be a party for Potter defeating the basilisk and closing the chamber of secrets."

~

Well, Harry was right. Draco and Blaise were rather sulky because of that. 

On better news, exams were cancelled and Lockhart was being sent to St. Mungo's due to loss of memory that must've happen when he attempted to cast a memory charm and it backfired. Harry grinned at this bit of news, Daphne stared at him in curiosity from the other side of the Slytherin table. 

The black haired slytherin could feel smug glares coming from the Gryffindor table. He didn't even have to turn around to look to know who it was. 

As expected, Blaise tapped his shoulder, motioning him to look behind. 

Potter was hugging Granger rather gleefully, all at the same time sending looks towards the green and silver table. The male weasley was shoving as much food as he can towards his face, as if it was his last male. Weaslette must've been at the infirmary since she wasn't present at the feast. The weasley twins however, sat further down the table, whispering things to each other, most likely about their future pranks.

Harry glanced away from the red and gold table, they were too loud and rowdy for his liking. He turned his attention towards the head table, where his parents and Prof. Snape were sitting. The three looked bored as they listened to Potter Sr. drone on and on about how 'amazing' his daughter was. 

He looked around the school the last time. The summer holidays were coming soon. And he would really miss the school. Well, at least he had more time to spend with Rosie, Jadeite, and Tom. 

A/N: And that's it for 2nd year. There will be a major time skip to 4th year. Honestly, I can't wait for 4th year either. School's finally over, which means more updates. I'm thinking of weekly updates but it's still not set in stone yet.