30

<3rd POV>

Not soon, it was already the end of the year feast. The exams had passed without a hitch, and Lily and Severus got together very well (after several screaming matches with James in the corridors). The two made plans to stay at Riddle Manor with Harry and Tom. Even though Harry disowned himself from the Potter line, he was still somewhat related to Lily as she was an Evans. Lily instead disown herself from Potter, leaving Evelyn as a Potter, no longer an Evans, although she still has red hair. 

It turns out that Evans was a pureblood family, which people thought to be extinct because Lily was the first magical one in a line of squibs. The Evans were closely related to the Arthur Pendragon. Somehow, Lily was Lady Pendragon. But, Lily decided she didn't want to be a 'Lady Pendragon', so she decided to hand the title of 'Lord Pendragon' to Harry, who will receive it along with his other lordships at the age of 13. Harry also decided to claim the title of 'Lord Peverell'; as James didn't claim it. 

Now, Harry, Daphne, Draco, and Blaise were sitting in the end of the Slytherin table, with Theo and Pansy sitting across them. The great hall were filled with chatter as everyone talked about Evelyn Potter and her adventure down to the 3rd floor corridor. Luckily, Dumbledore arrived moments later as the babble died away. 

"Another year gone!" Dumbledore said cheerfully. "And I must trouble you with an old man's wheezing waffle before we sink our teeth into our delicious feast. What a year it has been! Now, as I understand it, the house cup here needs awarding, and the points stand thus: In fourth place, Gryffindor, with three hundred and twelve points; in third, Hufflepuff, with three hundred and fifty-two; Ravenclaw has four hundred and twenty-six and Slytherin, four hundred and seventy- two."

The teachers expected a storm of cheerful cheering, but instead, they received polite clapping from the Slytherin table. Harry had spent the night before convincing everyone that Slytherin will not be winning the house cup especially with Evelyn's 'adventure and achievement'. It took more than an hour to convince the older years. 

"Yes, Yes, well done, Slytherin," said Dumbledore, not noticing the difference in applause. "However, recent events must be taken into account." 

The room went very still as hushed whispers came from the Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, and Gryffindor table. The Slytherin students just looked at their plates as if they expected this to happen (which they did). Severus looked scandalized at this. No wonder the Slytherins didn't celebrate like they used to do. Harry must've told them to clap politely to not bring shame to the Slytherin house. All of the teachers except for Dumbledore and James looked positively angry. Even McGonagall and she is the head of Gryffindor. 

"Ahem," said Dumbledore. "I have a few last-minute points to dish out. Let me see. Yes... First to Mr. Ronald Weasley for the best-played game of chess Hogwarts has seen in many years, I award Gryffindor house fifty points."

The cheers from the Gryffindor table nearly raised the bewitched ceiling. As Harry sat in the Slytherin table, he could hear Percy the Perfect... ahem... Prefect shouting, "My brother, you know! My youngest brother! Got past McGonagall's giant chess set!"

"Second to Miss Hermione Granger... for the use of cool logic in the face of fire, I award Gryffindor house fifty points." Dumbledore continued. 

The Ravenclaws and the Hufflepuffs were understanding the reaction from the Slytherin table and even stopped cheering for the Gryffindors. Dumbledore was being bias towards his personal favorite house. Dumb-as-a-door didn't care whether the Slytherins or Ravenclaws or Hufflepuffs worked hard to earn their points, only to find out that their hard work means nothing.