38

<3rd POV>

Platform 9 and three quarters was busy today. Over the scarlet steam train's billowing smoke, there was a sign announcing that the Hogwarts Express would depart at eleven o'clock. The platform also had a distinct smell — one which lifted the spirits of young wizards who look forward each summer to the start of term. Steam from the scarlet engine flooded the platform as cats wound their way around the wizards' legs and owls hooted to each other, as groups of students and parents moved around through the steam, their voices carrying through the mist.

Harry stood in the midst of the group of people. Unfortunately, only Sirius, Rosaline, Narcissa and Lucius can come to bid Harry and Draco goodbye. The rest had to do some business  back at the manor. Severus had already apparated to Hogwarts, along with Remus, leaving Sirius to deal with the teenagers. 

Just as Harry was about to say goodbye, a shout of his name came from around the platform. He turned around and saw Daphne, Blaise, and Alec coming their way. Harry grinned as he waited for the trio to reach him and Draco. 

"Harry! Draco! How was your summer?" Daphne asked, giving the two boys a quick peck in the cheek. 

"It's fine Daph." Harry answered before turning towards Blaise and Alec. Alec and Draco seemed to be lost in their mini world of Quidditch and other stuff. Blaise stood awkwardly next to them, before sidling up to Harry's side. 

"I think you should go now. It's nearly 11." Lucius reminded the students. 

Harry grabbed Rosaline and placed her at his hips. 

"Be good for Narcissa and Lucius okay?" Harry asked, as Rosaline nodded cheekily. 

Putting Rosaline down, he turned towards the train and grabbed his trolley. 

"We're getting on the train now. See you Father, Mother." Draco said before pulling Harry and Alec towards the train, Daphne and Blaise following closely.

They managed to get an empty compartment in the back of the train. Harry sat down on the bench-like chair with a sigh. The rest quickly followed Harry's actions and sat on the chairs.

"Anyone knows who the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher is?" Blaise suddenly asked, curious.

"He's a total blubbering foolish idiot that goes by the name of Gilderoy Lockhart." Harry answered, dramatically pretending to gag.

"He really is a horrible teacher." Draco piped in.

"Are you excited for your first time at Hogwarts Alec?" Daphne quickly changed the subject of foolish teachers. 

"Yes, actually. Mother and Father told me that Hogwarts is much better and larger than Durmstrang." Alec answered. 

The five students quickly fell into conversations as the train began to move and leave the station.

Halfway into the trip, they received an unexpected visitor. 

"Have any of you seen Evelyn Potter and Ronald Weasley?"

Of course, it was that muggleborn know it all Granger. 

"No. Now get out." Blaise answered simply.

"How rude!" Granger explained, not moving an inch.

"Well, you were the one who entered our compartment without knocking." Alec retorted, not bothering to look up from the book he was reading. 

"Who are you? I've never seen you before. Are you a first year? Are you new? You don't look like a first year. I'm Hermione Granger, 2nd year Gryffindor, house of the brave." She said in one breath.

"Mortem. Alec Mortem. Yes, I'm new. No I'm not a first year. Now please leave us." Alec said, exasperated and exhausted with Granger. 

The Muggle born huffed before turning around on her heel, exiting the compartment, and slamming the door. 

"Is she always like this?" Alec asked tentatively.

The rest of them nodded quickly.

~

The students quickly entered the Great Hall, where they were to wait for the first years to be sorted before enjoying the feast. Alec had already parted ways with them, and went to Hogwarts the way first years normally do. 

Sitting down at the very end of Slytherin table, Harry could spot Granger asking people frantically about the location of Potter and Weasel. Dumbledore sat in his normal golden throne-like chair, with James Potter sitting far to the side. Lily, instead of sitting next to James like last year, sat next to Sirius and Remus. 

Harry tuned out the usual long and boring and time consuming speech and the sorting. He was vaguely aware that Alec was sorted into Slytherin, and clapped along with the rest of his housemate. 

Alec sat on the other side of Draco, who sat next to Harry. Daphne, sitting on the other side of Harry, was yawning rather obviously. 

Luckily, Dumbledore finished the speech. Immediately, Severus rushed into the Hall, whispering quickly to Dumbledore and McGonagall, who quickly left the table and headed towards the dungeons. 

"What do you think they're doing?" Theo asked, pointing with his fork at the now empty three seats.

"Probably something to do with Potter and Weasel." Harry answered, before stabbing a piece of chicken with his knife. 

"Careful with that knife Harry." Draco warned, scooting further from Harry.

"What? With this knife?" Harry teased, before grabbing a clean knife and making a neat small cut on his left palm.

Draco shuddered before Daphne handed Harry a napkin to wipe it off. 

"Don't need to be such a scaredy cat Drake." Blaise joked, jabbing at Draco in the ribs. 

Draco merely huffed. 

A/N: I only have two words to tell you. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! Thank you for helping me reach 5k votes! Thanks for your many many support! :)