8

The next morning, Harry woke up to an awful banging coming from outside the room. It was his cousin Dudley. Harry put on his glasses and stumbled out of bed. He looked at his watch that Merlin gave to him 2 years ago. It was nearly 12 pm. Harry must've been so tired to sleep until this time. Usually he'd wake up at 5 am. 

Harry got dressed in muggle clothing and exited the cupboard, placing his tiny trunk in his pocket, slinging on his backpack, and put on Sal's locket. His bracelet and ring are both in the right hand, so he don't have to worry about losing them. Jadeite was asleep on his shoulders under the clothes. Harry took a deep breath before entering the kitchen. 

In the kitchen, Petunia was cooking lunch muggle-style. Vernon and Dudley were talking about the new school Dudley was going to go in September. The 2 men looked at Harry in disgust and continued talking, as if Harry was invisible. Harry sighed before he sat down on one of the chairs, and made himself a cup of coffee. Petunia raised an eyebrow at Harry drinking coffee but didn't complain. 

"Harry, your parents will be coming in 5 minutes. Have you packed?" Petunia asked, not out of concern, but rather excited that Harry will be leaving. Harry nodded and continued drinking his coffee. After a few minutes, the doorbell rang. Petunia looked extremely happy as she rushed towards the front door and opened. Harry followed Petunia, his back straight, and his hands in his jeans pockets. The door opened and standing there were Harry's parents. 

Lily was a beautiful woman with thick, dark red hair that fell to her shoulders, and almond-shaped, bright green eyes, just like Harry's. James was a tall, thin man with hazel eyes and untidy black hair that stuck up at the back. He wore glasses just like Harry, except his glasses were square while Harry's was round. "Harry!" Lily smiled opening her arms as if expecting a hug.

Harry gave Lily and James a short nod and took out his hands out of his pockets, before placing them back in. Lily hesitated and put down her arms, taking in Harry's appearance. Harry's messy hairs looked just like James, his eyes looked just like Lily, and he seems quite muscular. 'It seems like he'd been working out for a long time." Lily thought. 

Suddenly someone cleared their throat, it was Petunia. "Oh Petunia!" Lily smiled before hugging her sister. Petunia hugged them back and invited Lily inside. James gave Harry one last glare before entering after his sister-in-law. Harry followed at the back. 

They were sitting comfortably in the living room, until James said, "Harry, you probably don't know this but you're a wizard."

"Oh? And what is a 'wizard'?" Merlin had told Harry to act as if he didn't know the wizarding world at all. 

"Harry dear, a wizard is a human with magical powers. You see, your whole family, me, your father, your sister, and your ancestors are wizards. You come down from the line of the Potters." Lily explained. Harry nodded and looked out of the window. 

"Harrison James Potter, that's your full name if you don't know what it is, any questions?" James asked, trying to ease the tension in the room. 

"Yes, I do have a question. Why did you leave me with Aunt Petunia and why did you let them take care of me instead of my true parents?" Harry asked. 

James and Lily looked at each other. They had been expecting this question. 

"Harry, you see when you were born, there was a huge wizarding war. When you were 1 year old, you and your twin sister were attacked by Voldemort. Voldemort is kinda like the leader of the dark. Your sister, Evelyn, defeated Voldemort when he tried to use the killing curse on her, it rebounded on himself. So we had to focus our attention on your sister, the girl-who-lived. You see." James explained.