43

The weather had become much warmer, as the snow outside began to melt. The Quidditch season was back on track, with Harry as the newest chaser and Draco as the seeker. It had become a habit for the Slytherin Quidditch team to be found practicing outside early in the mornings on weekends. 

At some point, Blaise, Daphne, and Alec would accompany Draco and Harry to Quidditch practices, and they would wait over at the raised platforms, doing whatever they want. Blaise would most likely draw around in his little notebook of his, Daphne would be revising her homework, and Alec would be cheering for the duo as he is a vivid Quidditch fan. 

As for the Chamber of Secrets, more students (from Hufflepuff, Gryffindor, and Ravenclaw) were being attacked. Many other students were suspicious about the fact that no Slytherins were being attacked. They would travel in groups going to classes to another.

After reading the letter that Tom had sent him, Harry made a copy of the small black book. It was identical with the real horcrux, there was even an illusion of the young 16 year old Tom trapped inside it. He slipped the fake book in Potter's bookbag during a potions class when she had went to the back cupboard to get the potions ingredients needed. 

For the past few days, the black haired had visited the Chamber of Secrets occasionally, and with the help of his classmates (including Alec, who was extremely shocked to find the 'historical monument' as he put it) to clear out the main entrance of the Chamber. Making sure to keep the chairs, tables, and cupboards in secret rooms. 

Harry then proceeded on to the second step. Making an exact replica of the Basilisk. Probably the hardest step in the process, but he had read several books and what could go wrong right? 

Well... on his first try, the basilisk didn't duplicate itself... but shrunk. As small as a pencil. After many hissings from both snakes (Jadeite was furious with Harry for letting the basilisk be as small as that), he managed to turn the basilisk back to its normal size.

The second try, he had Tom come over to the school late at night to help him. Not going to lie, this took 3 hours for the spell to successfully work. As for now, the real basilisk and Jadeite would hide in a secret compartment just behind the statues of Salazar Slytherin. Harry then ushered the fake snake into the mouth of the statue.

Finally, the final match of the year had come. This time, Slytherin wasn't playing in it, but Gryffindor and Hufflepuff were. The entire school was decked out in either yellow or red, depending on which house they are supporting. Everyone were milling around the Quidditch stadium. Under a certain tree, the group of Slytherins (plus one Ravenclaw) were leaning against it, each doing their own things. They had refused to watch the match and decided to do something else.

Harry was drawing on a piece of empty parchment, Draco and Alec were arguing over which part of Diagon Alley is worth going the most. Blaise, sitting right in between Draco and Alec, was staring at the Ravenclaw. Luna Lovegood and Daphne were braiding each other's hair. 

The peace was quickly destroyed when Prof. McGonagall's voice reverberated through the entire castle from the Quidditch stadium.  "This match has been cancelled," Professor McGonagall called through the megaphone. Boos and shouts quickly followed. 

Harry stood up, rather curious about what was happening and why the game had been cancelled. His answer was shortly answered after.

"All students are to make their way back to the House common rooms, where their Heads of Houses will give them further information. As quickly as you can, please! Another attack... double... have just happened."

"A double attack? That's strange..." Daphne said.

"But not unexpected." 

Everyone turned towards Luna, who stared back at them.

"What? The Nargles had told me about them." 

"Luna... I don't think Nargles are real..." Alec started.

"Yes they are. The Nargle is a creature with light purple to black skin. Nargles have two thin arms and legs with long fingers and toes. Their bodies are seven inches long and three inches wide. Nargles have bat-like ears, large white eyes, pointy noses, and sharp teeth." 

Alec visibly gulped at the information provided. 

There was a huge crowd coming their way, so they quickly packed up and headed towards the Slytherin common room, parting ways with Luna when they passed the Ravenclaw common room. 

"A double attack... Father needs to know about this." Draco said, grabbing an abandoned piece of parchment on a table and 'borrowing' a quill from Blaise. 

("Hey give me back my quill!")

Keep on the counting up to 1000!