chapter 3 -CHEER TRY OUTS-

Today is my second day of school, And I don't feel as highly strung as yesterday,
The only part that sucks is that Ava dropped me off at school early because she had to take care of something urgent as she mentioned and dad's been busy with work so I haven't seen him since yesterday, As I pass through the corridors making my way to my locker someone bumps into me making my books fall.

“Hey, watch it can't you see where you're going!” I tell her

''Excuse me, who the hell just asked me if I'm visually impaired ?,No one in this school dares utter a word to me what gave you the guts to do so "

This girl is getting on my nerves who does she think she  is ,the Queen of England?

"If you haven't noticed you are the one who bumped into me first so you have to apologise or else " 

"Or else what? Ouuu I'm so scared, In case you didn't know, my name's Jordi and you better stay out of my lane, I can make your life a living hell here just by snapping my finger".

Oh, so this is the Jordi girl Mia mentioned.

''Jordi why are you so inconsiderate, she's new and doesn't know the rules yet"
The echoed voice  sounds familiar , I'm sure it's  Mia's voice ,thank heavens she's here I almost buried my head in my books.

"Well if it isn't Mia the crybaby defending her little friend, guess you chose a loser like yourself, and new girl one more thing cross me again  things will get pretty ugly for you, I'll have to deal with both of you later," Jordi says as she walks away accompanied by her two friends.

''Hey, Amelia are you okay, am sorry about your books let me help you put them in your locker,  remember I told you to avoid Jordi at all costs she's done a lot of bad things to some girls at this school including me I don't want the same to happen to you " Mia's eyes lose the sparking light they had after she mentioned what Jordi did to her I can't help but feel bad for her.
“I had no idea she was the Jordi you mentioned yesterday how was I supposed to know, anyway am not scared of her and if you want to talk about it  I'm here to listen ”.

we say our goodbyes and get going to our first classes since we aren't having the first one together, She takes history and I take geography,
Reaching geography class I spot a seat and sit on it immediately without realizing who I'll be seated next to.
"Good morning class before I begin today's lesson I've got a very important announcement ,you have a geography project that has to be done by the end of the semester, The project is going to be about you and your partner finding out the history of the Rocky Mountains national park here in Denver, you can visit the place and tell us what you find mesmerizing about its nature, And you will be paired according to the person your seating next to, It carries 40 % of your upcoming exams so take it seriously ".
After the teacher finished announcing the project I decided to look at the person I'm next to and it turns out to be Xavier I remember him from the time I saw him in my math class, his  got really beautiful blue eye's just like Holden’s but his are brighter.

"Hi, I am Xavier and you are?"

Damn, I didn't notice I was gazing at him! He must probably think am some thirsty bish.

"My name's Amelia"
"Pretty " he muses
“What ?” I utter
"Your name is pretty, you are new here right, the first time I saw you was in Math class "

"Thank  you, I don't know how many times people  have  referred to me as the new girl  and yeah we are in the same math class I'm guessing will be partnering up for the geography project Have you explored the Rocky mountain national park before?"
"Umm no not yet but am looking forward to it, am sure it must be pretty cool"
"Yes obviously it is and when do you think we should  start our research " I ask
"How about we start this Saturday I'm a bit busy during the week, I'm in the football team and we are having practice this whole  week because we have a big game coming up, let me give you my number  you can text me if you think of any ideas during the week"  he utters

“Yes, that sounds cool Saturday is fine for me”
We exchange numbers and the bell rings, I start packing my books and start heading to my next class which is math, Xavier is in this class too but I left him talking to Mrs woods our geography teacher.

"Hey girl how was geography!"

“It was alright Mia, but we have this geography project coming up Xaviers my partner”.
"Wait you mean Xavier Orlando as in one of the hottest guys in school "
“yes that Xavier” I muse
"Omg !! you're so lucky Lia most of the girls dream about just talking to him and here you are, being his geography partner, and also you're lucky you didn't have to team up with Brandon I heard he picks his nose mostly and he likes to
fart "

“Mia you don't cease to amaze me, I don't even know who the Brandon guy is, But to the sound of it thank goodness I didn't team up with him,  and doesn't he have a girlfriend like Holden?”

"Umm no he doesn't, his previous girlfriend transferred to another school in the united kingdom, let's get going to the cafeteria am famished! , oh and don't forget we have cheer tryouts later , aren't you enlivened!", Mouths Mia while squeaking"
we reach the cafeteria and settle down on our new favourite spot just right at the corner, I got some fries & apple juice and Mia got a Subway and pineapple juice, the only thing I love about crown lake is the cafeteria food its delectable and appetizing, I look forward and notice Xavier at the middle table just as I was about to turn the peer back to my food  I spot Holden seating beside him and suddenly discern his fixed gaze on me, I didn't notice I was starring back at him until Xavier spots me gawking at their table as he waves at me and smiles I  do the same and concentrate on my food.
"Shut up, girl! did Xavier just wave at you I think he likes you ,  did you see how he smiled at you that smile is a flirty one" .

“Come on Mia I just met him today for Christ's sake, we haven't even had a proper conversation yet”.
"well if you say so, but I know what I'm talking about ".  She muses

Jordi walks in with Chloe and Camilla those two look like her puppets they follow her around and always do what she tells them to, they amble towards the middle table and sit there I guess that's where all the popular people sit.
The siren rings and we make our way to the school's sports field, I heard that's where the cheerleading squad will be holding auditions I anticipate Mia and I get in.
"After some time we reach the sports field area and see the boy's in the football team training, it's like all boys in the football team are  Alluring " mouths Mia,
I certainly don't dissent on that one I muse to myself.
"Well, look whose back Mia and the little Miss Africa, don't tell me you're here to practice for the cheerleading team am sure you won't get in even if you  tried hard, for as long as I am the captain of this team  I won't let any outcasts join the team" Jordi utters, She's such a Debbie downer
Mia and I ignore her and proceed to where the auditions are taking place.

"Hi ladies you must be here for the cheerleading practice, I'm Mr Martin and, I'm responsible for all the sporting activities taking place in the school you are welcome good luck and let's see what you got "
“Thanks, Mr Martin” Mia and I both speak out
Mia goes first and then I go second, a few minutes after tryouts Mr Martin comes up to us and he gives us the good news that we got in!

Jordi comes over and hands us our uniforms.
" change into these right now and come for practice we have a big game to support so you need to learn the moves before that and just so you know, you guys got into the team because I was sympathetic "

"Whatever Jordi I thought you as the cheerleading captain are supposed to have the cheer spirit but it seems like it faded away ,am sure it must have been Mr Martin's decision to make not yours "Mia gives voice to Jordi
" We are now part of the cheerleading team" we squeak at the same time and go to the bathroom to try on our attires
"Amelia you look hot in that uniform am sure the guy's in the football team won't take their eye's off you let me take a photo of you and show you how amazing you  look" muses Mia
“Who are you fooling Mia you look amazing too let's get going before we get kicked put by  jordi".

When we reached the sports field Mia was right all eyes were on us, Jordi even looked at us with a disearning  eye because most of the football players including Holden, Caden and Xavier couldn't stop looking our way.

"Let's get working girls we don't have the whole year to practice "utters Mr Martin