chapter 8 -opps-

°«Amelias pov »°
My phone can't stop buzzing from the  notifications am receiving on my socials ,it seems like Xavier uploaded the photo we took at his party and his caption was a bit fetchy.

People have been Direct texting  me non stop and asking if am dating Xavier even people I don't know ,i bet the so called trio is famous than I thought,I get up from bed brush my teeth and head downstairs to see what am going to have for breakfast.
''Good morning annoying sibling''  ava mutters

"Good morning ava" I say in a lame tone .

"so how was the party  did anything interesting happen "she asks while handing me a plate of beacon ,pancakes and a cup of Orange juice.

"Well nothing really interesting happened ,just a normal teenage party You know" I tell her (I leave out the part were Xavier and I almost kissed because she'd make a big fuss about it.

''alright if you say so anyway am sure you guy's enjoyed , dad told me to inform you that his invited his boss over here for dinner this Saturday he'll be coming here with his wife,daughter and son , Dad said if you have any plans they can wait ''

"It's not like I was even  planning to anywhere this Saturday ,am sure it will be a boring dinner like the other ones in zambia , i miss everyone  back home " i muse while sighing ,I decide to text blossom and mia in the group we made a few days ago while I wait for Xavier to arrive his giving me a ride to school .

Me:whats up ladies anything interesting happen after the party
B:hey girl , well I've got some big News
Mia: am anxious what's it
Me:spill the beans
B:well yeahh me and Zack are dating I was going to tell you earlier but  I  wanted to be certain it's official.
Me:shut up!!you are dating your crush I had a feeling that something was going on!
Mia:omg am so happy for you blossom but if he breaks you heart I'll break his bones
B:am sure he knows gotta go guys

I hear a car honking outside,am certain  it's  Xavier i get going outside upon arriving I see Xavier smiling and leaning towards his Bentley.

"Good morning princess , it's good to see you " Xavier says as he opens the door for me.

"Good morning blue eye's it's good to see you too ,your party was really cool I enjoyed it".

"Am glad you did ,Amelia I was wondering ,are you doing anything this Saturday I bought some movie tickets  "

"I would love to accompany you but am caught up with a family dinner on Saturday ".

''Okay then I'm hoping for next time'' Xavier says with a smile .I love how he understands certain situations and doesn't push me to do anything
The rest of the car ride to school was hushed till we reached neither of us talked about the Friday incident ,maybe because it happened in a twitch.
Everyone's eye's were on us including the fact that Xavier was carrying my bag pack.
I heard certain  envious whispers coming from the  girl's in the hallways.

___________________________________________________________.

''You and Xavier almost what'', ! Mia and blossom shout on top of their voices after I told them Xavier and I almost kissed if it wasn't for the power switching off on us  it would have happened, we are currently at  the cafeteria having our lunch.

''Amelia I remember telling you that he likes you am sure he'll ask you out sooner or later ,and i can't wait for that day'' mia says with her squeaky voice .

she' can be dramatic sometimes, Im not denying that fact his a sweetheart but a part of me wants someone else,  The siren rings and we all start walking to our next classes ,I decide to make a turn so I can grab books for the next lesson.

''Ummm hi Amelia '',I look besides me and see a tall figure with sparkling eye's standing besides me.

"Ohh hi holden" I say back  while grinning

"How are you '"he asks

"Am great thanks and you " I mutter

''I was wondering ,maybe we can meet up later after school to practice for the music festival you know since we are going to duet" holden blurts out while scratching his head ,he still looks Alluring even in his nervous state.

"Oh yeah I totally forgot about the music festival how about tomorrow I have to meet up with Xavier today for our geography project ".

Holden stays silent for a bit and finally responds ''yeah sure tomorrow is alright'' and he walks away.

Why would he even ask me to practice with him for the music festival when it only comes at the end of the year ,I reach math class and it turns out mia saved a seat for me , I take my seat and mr Brown walks in and starts his lesson.

''Today's lesson is going to be all about  finding  solutions  to algebra problems " Mr.Brown utters , the class groans as mr Brown starts writing down examples on  the board and explains ,I would like someone to come and solve this ,he gawks around the class and our eyes meet , Oh my I hope he doesn't choose me"

"What about our new student amelia come to the front and show this chaps what you can do"

My heart starts racing fast making me nervous and  my palms get all sweaty, Pull yourself together Amelia my inner voice mummers, everyone's eye's land on me as I get up  from my seat  making my way to the front.
I  trip on someone's foot and instantly lose balance as my face lands on the ground I can feel everyone's stares on my back ,this is kind of embarrassing.

"Oops! I didn't mean to ,look at where you are going next time "I hear a bosom voice  , I look at my left side and see the only meddlesome girl in school 'jordi' she helps me regain my posture and whispers in my ears ."Next time I see you close to holden it'll be worse than this , you might actually break a leg"

I balance on my feet while jordi helps me get up .
I hear some awkward laughs coming from my classmates ,I  ignore them even though I feel a bit flustered, i further solve the question on the board.

"That's enough class you can stop chuckling nothing was funny "Mr Brown mouths
I finish solving the question and get back to my seat.

''Well done ms stone ,I guess you were paying attention''

The bell rings and everyone exists  the class.

"I couldn't except less from jordi what she did in class was so low of her "blossom says.

"I think she saw me talking to Holden earlier,that's why she did that" I spit out .

"I think she was jealous  it's a matter of fact   don't mind her if she wants you not to talk to holden she better tell him that because his the one following you" mutters mia

We all go our separate ways and I decided to meet up with Xavier for our geography project.