CHAPTER 29: -UNKNOWN -

Hailey directs the way as we enter through what I suppose is a back door ,The house has a contemporary vintage style and has paintings and pictures on each wall, we pass through the hallway that leads to the rooms upstairs, this house is tremendously huge i would lose my way if I was alone  ,We proceed upstairs and Hailey shows me her room which is opposite Holdens room as she points towards it ,Her room has pink walls and a very large king-size bed at the centre of the room On her left side, she's got a huge comfy sofa And on her right side a  walk-in closet and opposite it, is her bathroom.

" Welcome  to my room  ,please  make yourself comfortable" Hailey says

"Thanks I'll do as wise" I say in return

"I've been wanting to ask you , do you like my brother?" She brings me out of my thoughts.

" Wow Hailey where is all this coming from?"

"Well I was just wondering "she mutters

"I think he likes you" she spits out

I burst out In laughter  ,"I think you must be mistaken Holden can never like 'ME' "I emphasise the last word with a high tune, that's impossible.

"Amelia I don't know if you haven't noticed but.."

"Am not sure about that part his into Jordi and not me, Do you have a boyfriend ?" I change the topic and ask her a question.

"Jordi and Holden broke up a long time ago she's just clinging onto him and yes I do she grins, his a sophmore at my school he plays football just like Holden his name Is jake"

"That's great, he must be a lucky guy to have you by his side"

"Thanks, Is Vanessa your mum?"

"Yes, she is, she was working  in another city and recently returned", I know I lied about the last part but hey I don't want everyone knowing she run off and made a family of her own somewhere else.

"Oh that's why she wasn't at the dinner  we had last time, I was thinking would you like to attend My slumber party next week Friday, other girls from school will be attending it too " Hailey utters

"Yes, I would love to but I can bring a plus one "I ask

"Yes you can it will be epic trust me I've planned on doing this since last year, I never really had close friends, well I know most of the girls agreed to come here because of Holden "

                             ______♧______

After spending hours chatting with Hailey We decided to head downstairs, The dads are in the TV room watching football and I think the mums are in the kitchen area ,Ava is now talking to some tall brunette, who looks a little bit like Holden.

"There you are I was looking everywhere for you," Vanessa says coming in my direction.
Come on what could she possibly want from me somebody save me!

"I was telling everyone about your upcoming birthday next month  they'll  all seem  ecstatic and can't wait for the celebration " she mummers

"What ! amelia's birthday is next  month ? she didn't say anything about it to me" states Hailey

"I already made it clear that I don't want any celebration on my birthday" I rebuttal

She's more excited than I am , she left on my 10th birthday and never kept in touch with my sister or I, shes the reason  i lost the zeal to celebrate my birthday  why did she show up all of a sudden  thinking she could make everything work and repay  the six  years she abandoned us.

"Hailey don't mind her she's always been like this since she was little But I know she'll be pleased to have her birthday celebrated with the people she loves, she's adamant it's hard to change her mind let's  let her think about it" says Vanessa

"Geez ,Stop acting like you've been there all the time Vanessa because you were not, if I say I don't want a celebration  then i dont want it , do you know why?, it'll  remind me of all the birthdays I wished for you to come back but you didn't " I rebuttal ,Am getting agitated by all this ranting that's going on.
Before she could say anything Holden interrupts

"Can I borrow her for a minute? "holden says while he  grabs my arm and pulls me in the direction of his room.

"What Holden!  " I utter since his been gazing at me for the past 2 mins.

"I thought you would say, thanks Holden you're a saviour," he  imitates me.

"I don't sound like that,  I was getting agitated  out there."

"Yeah I kind of saw your facials you were fuming with anger I could see past all of that,  don't you think you're being unfair ?"

"What do you mean, unfair about what?"

"The treatment towards your mum, I think you should give her a chance to prove herself
Don't you think there's a reason why she's back I think she's trying to make amends"

"I don't Holden am just not in that position of letting some stuff go , like I said before you've never been through it so you don't know how it feels ,this should be the last time you're interfering "

" whatever it is I hope you'll let it go soon, it's eating you up, Other than that You look pretty today," he utters.

I don't know if I should be happy about that or act surprised "This isn't like you at all Complementing me ?"

"Just consider this as your lucky day, I heard your birthday is coming up soon, what plan's do you have?"

"Sleep ,watch a movie  and read all day "

"You sound like a sadist, Anyway am not in any place to plan it for you"

"Yes exactly so leave me to it"

I lay on the couch in what I suppose is a lounge , yep it looks like it.

"Amelia?"

"Yes holden"

"I've been wanting to ask, Are you and Xavier official?"

This was the question I've been wanting to avoid.

"Yes we are "I utter while not making eye contact with Holden

He doesn't ask any further questions and that's great for me because I didn't want to answer anything concerning my relationship with Xavier don't get it wrong our relationship is going out great but something is a bit off.

"Do you love Xavier ? "

Just when I thought he would stop asking me questions, he asked the most awkward question that I myself don't have an answer to

Do I love Xavier?