Book One: Chapter 4

My heart pumped faster while my breath turned cold. My eyes shot wide, chilling shivers tingled through my veins.

While fear clouded my head, it took me every second to realize I was looking straight at a gigantic wolf. Yet somehow it didn't look like one.

It rose on two legs with yellow slitted eyes, glaring at my eyes. Jet black fur, baring dagger-like teeth, and its growl sounded like a loud motorcycle engine.

I have never seen a wolf standing on two legs! How could an animal do that?

Blood dripped down its chin, which was a damn good sign it ate something. But I hoped it wasn't Mark.

Dying was totally not in my category. So I turned off the flashlight and slowly backed away, hoping the wolf wouldn't jump me.

"Nice boy," I whispered while shaking. "Nice boy...."

I was pretty sure wolves don't attack people if they leave them alone. Wolves are territorial creatures who don't like anyone entering their grounds. But if you totally step away from them, they won't give a damn.

Well..... Unless they are extremely hungry.

Crap!

The wolfman licked his chops and strangely turned his upper lip to a grin. Was he smiling? Wolves can't smile, right?

When he howled at the moon, I immediately took off like a bunny without looking back. He was totally hungry, and I knew if I stayed, I would become his dinner.

Crap! I was too young to die!

"Help!" I screamed while running through the woods. "I need help!"

What wolf was that? Geez, my mind was too busy in survival mode to think straight. I must survive first if I wanted to find my hunk later.

The branches below scratched my bare legs like claws trying to grab me. God, what a pain. But I couldn't stop running. That would only be the death of me.

I looked back and saw nothing. Prrf! Did the wolf decide to leave me alone?

Ouch! I bumped into a tree and fell to the ground.

Damn my clumsiness!

Above me, two yellow eyes gleamed at me from the treetop.

Crap!

I crawled away until I stumbled to my feet and sprinted faster. Good thing cardio was totally my dig, especially since I am a cheerleader.

Oh god! I just wanted to return home! Why was this happening to me?

Uh! I hate to say it, but I should have listened to Kevin.

If I die, everyone will miss me and never understand my fate. Even Mark would cry if he survived. I couldn't let that damn thing eat me!

Between two trees, I tripped over a branch and landed on the ground. Why the hell was I being a klutz? My balance should be freaking better!

I leaped on all fours, but two black feet landed in front of me. Then the wolf glanced at me with a smirk.

Shit! I'm dead!

The wolf grabbed my throat and lifted me up off the ground. I choked while using all my strength to pull his fingers off my neck. But he was too damn strong! Not even kicking his crotch made him drop me!

He chuckled and licked my cheek.

Eww! Eww! Eww!

I could also smell his rotten milky breath that twisted my stomach.