Book One: Chapter 20

Author's Note:

"I am so sorry for not posting the chapters since April. I was taking a long break after overworking, and I continued my other projects on Royalroad and Scribblehub. This month, I will finish posting book one, and I already started working on book two. Sorry about this."

"Noooooooooooo!” I cried as Mark wrapped right his arm around my neck.

"What's wrong, sweetie?" Mark asked.

"Can't handle the pain?"

My entire body burned like roast chicken inside an oven. My muscles expanded while white fur sprouted over my skin. As my neck grew thicker, I gagged because Mark’s arm pressed on my throat.

In a rage, I grabbed his arm and tossed him off my back.

He crashed against the wall, but he rose off the ground like nothing happened. "Wow! You are strong!"
I rose on all-fours, but I felt like gravity was forcing me down. Tears fell from my eyes while my teeth turned sharp behind my lips.  "I….. Don't….. Want….. to….. hurt…… Kevin!"

Mark laughed, crossing his arms. "You can't resist it, sweetie. No one can. Just let it go!”

Kevin widened his eyes at Mark. "How come you're not changing?"

Mark smiled. "Years of practice, nerd. I had plenty of time to learn a few tricks to master my ability. During the night, I can choose whenever I want to transform."

Damn, I wished Mark could teach me how to control my transformation, but I didn’t want to kill for him. This wasn’t fair!

My face stretched forward, forming into a wolf snort, tearing my nerves. I rested my face on the ground to try to stop screaming, but the pain wouldn’t stop.

It was totally hard to hold back the transformation. Gritting my teeth and clenching my fists was all I could think of. But it wasn’t helping me fight back. 

"Why are you trying to resist it?" Mark shouted. "It will only hurt the worst."

I cried loudly. Hold back was like pushing a boulder back, and the pain was totally making my situation worse!

My shoes exploded, releasing my growing long feet, and my breasts popped out like airbags with fur coating my nipples. So uncomfortable and painful!

No matter how I tried, the pain wouldn’t stop. It was only got worse.
Through my tears, Kevin smiled at me with tears in his eyes too. "It's okay Jessica. Whatever you do, I will forgive you. Just remember who you are."

I couldn’t believe Kevin was being totally brave. Perhaps I never thought he could be brave, after the bullies picked on him. Even I bullied him to do my homework, and Mark just teased him for looking weak. 

But on the blink of possible death, he held back his tears, keeping his face straight without showing fear. God, I was so wrong about him.

I curled my lips up, forcing my smile to show in his eyes. Then I released my howl, letting all my painful suffering leave. 

My shedded my clothes, sprouted my tail, and finally the pain cooled away. I rose to my bare feet and glanced at my long sharp claws, panting with my lower jaw down.

My whole body bulged in muscles, coated in smooth white fur. And somehow I didn't blacked out. Was I still hanging onto my humanity?
The sound of hands clapped behind me.

"That's my girl!" Mark cheered. 

I swung around and growled without even thinking about it. 

No, I wasn't in control. Only the beast's bloodthirst was in control!
Mark stepped back with his hands up. "Row row row- there, girl! I am your mate."

I wanted to rip him apart. I totally do! Instead, I stepped toward him and sniffed his hair. His musty wolf scent drifted through my narrow snort. Then I kneeled, lowering my head to the ground.

Oh come on!

"Good girl." Mark stroked my long white hair and rubbed my chin. "Good girl."

No! This wasn't right!

But maybe my inner beast still had the hots for my evil boyfriend! Or was it just basic instinct? Because he totally has a werewolf chick magnet that I couldn't resist at all? This situation was making me totally pathetic as a monster!

The bastard kissed my forehead, and raised his finger toward Kevin. "Now to prove your loyalty, eat that pity human."

Oh no…..

I gazed at Kevin, feeling the saliva dripped from my jaw. The hunger and bloodthirst flowed through me like an illness. It wasn’t mine, but the beast, thank god. We shared the feeling in an connection somehow. But it was sick, and I hated it. 

Kevin’s face glazed in sweat as I approached, smelling the fear reek from his shaking body. The poor guy couldn’t hold onto his bravery for long. 

He stared into my eyes. “You can still choose what you want to be," he whispered and closed his eyes. "Remember who you are….. Remember!”

Yes! I do remember! 

I remembered taking you to Burger Queen, meeting the creepy witch girl, and making you do all my homework! I still remember!

My fangs barely touched Kevin’s skull, but I stopped while screaming through my head.

I remember! I remember!

I felt my jaw twitched, reacting to my inner thoughts. My eyes widened, and I stepped back by my freewill.
Yes! It was working! 

"Jessica?" Kevin asked.

I opened my mouth. Only a soft moan came out. 

I couldn’t say his name. Not as a werewolf, apparently.

So I wrapped my big arms around him and squeezing his face against my warm breasts. Yeah, it was totally awkward, but somehow I needed to show him I was in control. He better not get any weird ideas about this.  

“What the hell?” Mark’s startling voice shouted.

I slashed the ropes off Kevin’s wrists. He rubbed his wrists and blushed at me.

Tssk!

I will totally cobble him one if he asked to feel my furry boobs on his face again.

“Thanks for not eating me,” he said, rubbing behind his head.

"Why aren't you eating him?" Mark shouted.

I growled at him.

Did he totally thought I forgot what he tried to do to me in the woods? Screw him!

Mark pointed his finger at me. "You are supposed to be my mate!" 

Kevin crossed his arms with a grin. "I guess she decided to dump you."

To prove that, I charged toward Mark. My big hands slammed him against the wall and roared in his face.

Instead of wetting his pants, he smiled and punched my face. I hit the ground, feeling like a train crashed into me. 

Damn, that hurt!

Mark dashed to the right tunnel entrance, but he stopped when Salina approached him from the tunnel. 
She pointed a spear at him with a silver blade on it. "Going somewhere, wolfy?"

Wow! How did she find us?

While Mark stepped back, shuddering in his pants, Kevin stabbed the syringe into Mark's back.

My crappy boyfriend fell to the ground, screaming. Serves him right!

"I got his blood!" Kevin shouted, holding up the red syringe. 

Mark glared at us. "You’re dead! You're all dead! And your town is dead too!"