Book Three: Chapter 6

“Oh god!” My mouth dropped when we approached the ice cream parlor across two blocks.

Chilly Bones

Kevin stopped and turned to me. “What is it?”

I studied the square white building with two glass windows and the odd logo, hanging above the doorway. Between the pink title was a skull on an ice cream cone, which could make the customers feel nervous about entering the parlor.

I pointed my finger at the title. “That is where Mark took me after we first met!”

“Will that be a problem? We can find another-”

I shook my hands. “No!No!No! I can totally handle it.”

“Okay.” Kevin approached the door and pulled it open for me. “Ladies first.”

I giggled. “You’re totally a gentleman.”

As I entered, multiple ice cream flavors reached my nose in the cool air. Chocolate, strawberry, banana, and more that stirred through my memories. 

Kevin approached the glass counter, displaying all the open ice cream buckets. I stared at the different flavors as her mouth watered. It was hard to resist the other flavors although they could upset my stomach.

“Hello, what can I get you?” the ice cream man asked from behind the counter.

Kevin held up two fingers. “Two vanilla cones please.”

The man grabbed one cone and scooped the vanilla cream with his metal scooper. He placed the cream into the cone and handed it to Kevin. After he scooped the second scream and placed it into the next cone, he gave the cone to me.

“That will be two dollars please,” the ice cream man stated.

Kevin handed him the bills and glanced at me. “Wanna head to the park? It is a good place to waste some time.”

I checked my watch. Only a half an hour left. “Sure, why not.”

*****

The night fell quickly over downtown, but the town lights sparkled like the stars above, beautifully. More beautiful than being alone in the dark scary forest. It kind of reminded me of Christmas.

In the park, we strolled across the concrete path through the open grassy field in the middle of downtown. The same place where I caught the freebie with my teeth before a boy's dog caught it. How embarrassing!

So far I haven't behaved strangely since Salina inked the magic seal on my back. I have full control over the beast inside me. Best of all, I could choose whenever I wanted to transform. So far, nothing strange has happened since the Halloween incident. 

"Are you going to lick your ice cream or what?" Kevin asked.

"Oh!" I noticed the cream dripped down my cone. 

I quickly licked around the cone, and the first taste brightened my face. "Mmmmmmh!"

My tongue licked the rest, so hard, the cream sprinkled all over the place.

Kevin back away while shielding his face. “Ah! You’re licking it like a dog!”

I stopped as the cream dripped down my face. “Oops!”

The vanilla flavor was so good, I couldn’t help myself. Sometimes my wolf instincts took over my mind subconsciously without warning. But I never harmed anyone. 

Kevin pointed his finger at my face. "You got….. Some….. All over."

Well, only one thing to do.

I rubbed the cream off and licked my hands. Every inch until my face smelled dry and stinky. At least I became clean as a whistle.