Book One: Chapter 21

Mark howled loudly as his body grew big. He tore his tank top off and his black fur grew across his body. His pants exploded off him as his legs grew tall and muscular. A bladed tail grew out and his head changed into the head of the wolf.

Indeed, Mark told me the truth.

He was the werewolf! A big bad werewolf! And he totally wants me to become like him!

Mark slapped Salina out of his way and charged through the tunnel on all fours. Salina landed on her hands without letting the floor hit her face.

“Are you okay?” Kevin asked, rushing to her aid.

Salina slowly got up. “He should have killed me.”

“How did you find us?”

Salina held up a bluestone. “I use this to track Jessica’s talisman.”

Uoooooooooooh! That was why she gave me the necklace. 

Geez! She should have told us before!

“Good!” Kevin turned toward me. “Go get him, girl. He is going to attack the town.”

Stop calling me a girl! I'm not a dog!
Although I felt the urge to growl at him for what he called me, I nodded and sprinted after Mark. Stopping him was more important than kicking Kevin’s butt.

*****

Outside the mill house, I sniffed around, catching Mark’s scent. He might be a mile away, but no matter how far he went, I will catch up to his sorry ass.

I dashed through the woods on all fours, so fast, the air blew through my hair. Just like how I totally ran in P.E. 
Over the brush, lights flashed before my eyes, and I totally knew I was close to downtown. 

After I jumped over the bush, I landed on the street, close to the town square.

And-
Oh my god!

Did I totally enter a war zone?

The people raced down the street past a few cars crashing as gunshots echoed in the background. I knew Mark was already attacking the town, causing a mass panic.

I totally needed to stop him before he kills too many innocent people.

What a total jerk! 

Instead of facing me alone, he just had to bring everyone into our drama! Maybe he thought I was stronger than him, or he thought hurting people around me would make me feel like crap.

Whatever! I’m still going to kick his dumbass from kingdom come!

I ducked behind a hotdog stand, avoiding two couples running past me. If anyone saw me, they would think I was the monster attacking their town. Fighting one werewolf instead of a mob of frighten people sounded better to my opinion. 

I might be a monster, but I didn’t want to go full monster on anyone. I won’t become what Mark wanted me to become.

Screw him!

Sniff! Sniff!

The warm scent of hotdogs touched my noses from the stand. I licked my muzzle and opened the lid as the steam escape.

Maybe my wolf belly was hungry, but if I eat something besides humans, I would totally become safe around the people. I grabbed a handful of dogs and stuffed them into my mouth. 
Mmmmmmmmmh!!!

With the combination of spice, pork, and beef, the dogs melted across my tongue.

Totally worth it.