Book Two: Chapter 5

I walked up the stairs while my friends followed me on their tippy toes. Who the hell would break into my house while I was still at home?

Inside my bedroom, an orange cat licked its front paw on my bed near the open window. Below my makeup desk, my small makeup mirror laid face-down on the carpet.

That goddamn cat again!

I chased that cat before when my werewolf instincts kicked in. I didn't care about cats before, but I guessed wolves hated them. Now I totally had the reason to eat that cat! It sneaked through my window and knocked my mirror down.

Thank god it wasn't broken. My dad wouldn't buy me another one because they were too damn expensive.

"You!" I shouted at it.

The cat froze, widening its yellow eyes at me. If that little bastard pisses on my bed, half of its nine lives will be gone!

"Get out of my room!" I dropped to all fours and snarled.

The cat only hissed at me, raising its back.

I jumped toward my bed, opening my mouth as my teeth sharpen, ready to bite the damn cat. But the cat jumped through my window as I landed on my bed.

I then poked my head through the window and barked at the cat. It ran across the backyard and clambered over the fence.

Lucky bastard. I still wanted to eat that damn cat.

"Is this a bad..... Time?" Kevin asked, standing outside my bedroom with Salina.

I sighed and closed my window. "Sorry about that." I glared at Salina. "I thought you told me the tattoo can control my instincts?"

Salina pursed her black lips. "I didn't say it will control your werewolf instinct. It controls the beast inside you."

I rolled my eyes. Whatever!

"So do you want to come with us or stay home?" Kevin asked.

I sat up on my bed. "Sorry, I am heading to a Halloween party tonight. Hoooowever, the party will be at Moon Island inside Dregan Keep."

Kevin dropped his mouth. "The Dregan Keep? Seriously?"

"Yeah-well it wasn't my total idea. Brian planned the party to take place there."

Salina lowered her eyebrows. "Who's Brian?"

"Tiffany's boyfriend. They dated for two weeks so far."

"Why Dregan Keep? It's completely isolated," said Kevin.

I raised my hands up. "Duh! It's totally creepy and perfect for a Halloween party. With no adults around, we can do whatever we want. Except no sex."

"How will you pull that off?"

"I just told dad I'm going out with my friends tonight. He doesn't care as long as I keep tabs on him."

"Can we come?" Salina asked, grinning.

Kevin glared at her. "Salina, we are supposed to be investigating the castle."

"Sure, but we can still party like wild animals." She rocked her hips with her arms up. "I also like to dance naked in the woods. Uh-huh?"

Some harlot she would totally be if she comes to the party.

"That is totally up to Tiffany," I said. "But nobody is dancing naked there!"

Salina grimaced with her arms down. "No fair."

"True paranormal investigators are not distracted by parties," said Kevin, fixing his glasses. "If we want to find a good story for the school article, we have to avoid the party."

"No fair."

"What time are you heading there?" I asked.

Kevin checked his watch. "Near sunset. When will you be there?"

"Early so my friends can set up the party before dark."

Outside, someone honked their loud car horn in front of my house, and I could guess who that was.

"Oh! That must be Tiffany!" I exclaimed and grabbed my backpack. "I'll meet you there before the party."

Kevin grinned. "Okay."