Book Two: Chapter 6

The wind blew through my long blonde hair in Tiffany's cherry red vintage car. I didn't mind Tiffany's car not having a hood over my head. Feeling the cold air on the road was totally relaxing.

Tiffany wore a red tank top and a light red skirt over her long, white, skinny legs. I wouldn't be surprised if she dressed up as a giant rose for Halloween.

"Did you get your costume?" Tiffany asked.

I padded my backpack between my legs. "It's in my bag."

"What are you dressing up as?"

"A vampire cheerleader."

Tiffany laughed softly. "How original."

Yeah, I wanted to wear something simple in case I transform into my werewolf form. My fake cheerleader outfit was orange with a skull on it. Very sketchy with soft fabric that could shine in the light. If I go wolf, the costume should stay on my body without ripping apart. Instead of makeup, I brought plastic fangs that were easy to remove.

Of course, I could be a werewolf cheerleader, but a werewolf costume wasn't cheap. Plus, I'm already a werewolf. If I transformed for the party, nobody might tell the difference. They might get so drunk, they would think I was wearing an expensive furry costume with advance animatronic parts. But I couldn't talk and I might attack someone unintendedly. Who knew how unpredictable my wolf instincts might do at a party. And there would be too many questions for me to answer.

So, I chose to be a fake vampire for Halloween instead. No fans or butts.

I glared at Tiffany a little. "Uh-huh, but what is your costume? A playboy bunny?"

Tiffany gave me a sharp look until she laughed. "My Brian would totally love that, but it is a surprise."

As a typical rich girl, Tiffany could afford almost anything from the shopping mall. Last Halloween, she brought a white dress covered in diamonds with a crystal tiara crown.

Geez! If I wanted to buy that type of dress, I would totally need to rob a bank. Whatever surprise she brought, I bet it would be totally expensive too.

"I can't wait," I said. "What is Brian wearing?"

Tiffany shrugged. "I don't know yet. It might be a super-duper surprise. Heeheehee."

I would totally laugh if Brian only wore his football uniform tonight. How original is that?

Through downtown, Tiffany reached the industrial district near Moon Lake. The district has warehouses, a lumber mill, and office buildings on each block.

We entered a parking lot and stopped in front of the harbor. I helped Tiffany carry her duffle bag across the dock. It was heavy on her, but not to me. I could lift up anything with my super werewolf strength.

"What do you got in this bag?" I asked.

Tiffany gazed at her bag. "Chips, cookies, pie, and garlic bread. My costume is in there too in a plastic bag."

"Why garlic bread?"

She snickered. "I love garlic bread."

Uh-huh.

I saw Tiffany brought a bucket of garlic bread to a party once. And whenever I pick up lunch at the cafeteria, the garlic bread pan was always empty Don't just blame the fat kids eating the bread.

Before I met Tiffany, I never met anyone else who loves garlic bread than chocolate. Tiffany wasn't Italian, nor even her family. She just loves garlic bread. Too much.

At the end of the dock, I saw Holly and Malaya waiting while holding their backpacks. They both wore sweaters and jeans, except Holly wore a beanie. This was totally too early to wear our Halloween costumes.

"Where's my baby?" Tiffany shrugged.

Malaya shrugged. "I don't know. He told us to meet him here."

"We have been waiting here for like half an hour," said Holly.

What the total hell? Did Brian ditch us?