26 : Progress

This chapter is dedicated to my best friend Allison, who told me how much she loved my stories and gave me the push to write some more. Love you girl! 

Comment. Vote. Fan. Enjoy. 

- Victoria

Raeanne

From the break of day to the dying rays of the sun, I had the Earth and Wind users working as one. It took nearly five days alone for the thorn cage to surround the school. It was a spectacular sight. Green vines twisting and reaching higher and higher, becoming thicker and thicker with each passing day. The vines were now so thick, it took up the length of two transport trucks loaded with trailers back to back to even come close to the width. The plan, of course was to make a make shift barrier, that could pose several different options, one being that it made Taylors army unable to attack directly. They would have to take a goood few days in order to break threw the leather like vines that looked much like a sinister heavily populated forrest.

While the night fell, I used a bit of my own powers to ensure the insides of these vines were just as deadly. The school could not be better protected. There were strict guidlines that no one was to go near these vines, and to ensure that a large stone hedge had been errected around it. My students were forced to stand beind the wall to get there work done, which for the weaker ones posed an issue, so their work was slower, still the tasks were managed.

Finally, I decided to give them a days rest. Not just them but myself. It was exhausting, this teaching. I never knew how taxing this job would be, and felt a sudden amount of respect rush to the teachers I'd had. They were doing everything they could to help me, by ensuring my lessons were being put to use. They kept the students well in line, but I'd never seen more somber faces since coming to McGregors. It was almost like a whole new world. One where bad things happened and your friends turned out to be evil overlords seeking immortality and complete control of the human race.

We would be their greatest weapons, so as we worked, I myself and the headmaster performed evaluations. He had no idea I was doing them, in fact, he had no idea of my further developed powers and I'd only started evaluating the students because through my sifting in his mind, I found his ideas. I planted ideas in his head, but I had to be careful. He was powerful enough to notice something was amyss, but he sensed this to be good intentions, and hardly questioned what he was being told. So far, there have been two students I found to be questionable, they hadn't been seen since and I only hoped they were being detained. For their powers in Taylors hands, and their knowledge could essentially be the downfall of all of us.

After a restless sleep, where I tossed and turned, unable to fathom why I granted a rest day in the first place I walked down the hallways and entered George's domain. He was awake, hair messy, which was strange in itself, but seeing as it was nearly two in the morning I dismissed this. "What do you know?" I ask, not even bothering with a greeting. After all, I hadn't seen him for a while. "I knew you would come. It's been a while and, and I saw it." He rose from his seat, face white and looked me in the eyes. Their brown was deep, and seemed to be cutting through me.

"Come one Rae." Then he led me down a tunnel until I found myself standing in front of a girl with red hair who was singing to her reflection in a still pond. "I have been expecting you." The girl frowned and rose from her stone bench. I idly noticed her feet were bare on the soft grass. "Please, join me for a tea." So I did.

"Tell me, what are your plans?" The girl asked, staring at me with wide clear eyes that seemed to know everything. I stared at her, fascinated for a moment before answering. "I can't tell you." She expected this and moved on, telling me a bit about herself.