11 : Sharpies and Cheetos

It’s been eight days since Jayden broke up with me. My head was fine now, and I had a fading mark on my hair line. It was still bright red and scabbed but much better than what it had been.

At the moment I was sitting at the lunch room table in the cafeteria with the other water houses and was drawing all over the table with a colourful assortment of sharpies. Spencer, who had become all motherly since last weekend walked over from the lunch line and scowled at me.

‘Raeanne Marie! What do you think your doing?’ her expression was rather fierce.

I bit my lip and my eyes widened ‘ I’m Erm, breeding sharpies! Trying to make a new race of colour.’

Spencer narrows her eyes. ‘Clean it up.’

I continue to bite my lip more fiercely now. ‘Its uhmm.. permanent.’

She rolls her eyes and settles herself at the table, shooting me these looks every now and then.

I found it highly amusing and continued to expand on my artwork. It was truly a masterpiece after all.

I had drawn a city and a giant turtle was pooping on a building and there was a little stickman with a leash attached to a dinosaur. The dinosaur was looking reproachfully at the stickman who happened to be wagging a finger at it and scolding it for eating the maple trees again. Dinosaurs loved maple trees. They were just full of syrupy goodness.

Then I had a Huffalump watering the giant flowers with his trunk. And there was colourful squiggles and scribbles everywhere. Also that awesome dragon from How to Train Your Dragon was there. I drew him giving that funny laughing like face after we watched him regurgitate half a fish and made Hiccup take a bite and swallow it.

Taylor was next to me and wanted to draw so badly. I growled at him every time his hand inched towards my marker stash.

I overheard a comment about me going feral and looked over to see Jayden sniggering. I felt my face darken and settle down my marker, not bothering to finish the gnome being eaten by a gorilla I was currently working on. I bit into a large cookie and slouched down.

Out of the corner of my eye I watched Taylor glaring at Jayden and he wrapped an arm around me.

Blaze decided to try and make everything back to normal, you know before that Ass hat decided to ruin everything by showing his face.

‘how about we have a slumber party tonight. Conner can come too!’ he offered.

This idea excited me and I agreed enthusiastically. We’d have it in the girls room, as per usual and well, let things go from there.

‘want anything in particular?’ Taylor asks everyone. Although it seems like he’s just asking me.

I frown. ‘Cookies, and cheetos. The puffy ones. And the crunchy ones. Om nom nom.’ I say rubbing my belly and licking my lips.

Taylor chuckles and a few more requests are made.

We leave the cafeteria soon after and head back to our dorm after stopping at the all inclusive school superstore and picking up some stuff for later.

We also say a quick hello to George who is going on a date with Derek tonight. Him and Fred didn’t work out. He gave me a fierce hug and ordered me to join him tomorrow afternoon for some tea and some ‘girl time’. He invited Taylor too who paled considerably and muttered something about brushing his teeth tomorrow.

I teased him about George all the way back to the Dorms.

He seemed a little upset when we were almost there so I pulled him aside and ushered the others foreword handing them the bag I had been holding.

I waited till they were our of earshot and turned to face him completely. He was avoiding my eyes and I started fiddling with my necklace he had given me.

It was sort of my constant now. I always had it and would always be using it as a calmer downer type thing. Although I always felt better when he was here.

He was, my best friend.

‘what’s wrong. You know I’m just teasing you.’ I asked him.

‘yeah I know.’ He mumbled, still not meeting my eyes.

‘what is it then? Do you want a girlfriend or something. Because that wind girl, Jennifer likes you. Like a lot. And she’s pretty cute ehe.’ I offered elbowing him in the ribs lightly.

His eyes finally looked at me and they were sad. ‘I like someone else. But, I don’t think she likes me back.’ He stated.

‘you like someone and didn’t tell me! who is it! Maybe I can help you get with her.’ I said excitedly.

He shook his head. ‘You know her. Well maybe. Not sure if you really do or not. Her cheeks are always rosy. She’s beautiful, but can’t see it for herself. She is smart, talented, a really really great friend.’

I puckered my brow. ‘well how is that going to help me! what’s her name.’ I asked exasperated.

He had a half smile on his face and chuckled. ‘figure it out on your own.’ Then he grabbed my hand and ran up to the house dragging me behind him.

At the moment music was blasting loudly from our docking station and it was playing some Andy Sixx song. I couldn’t remember the title.

I couldn’t stop thinking of what Taylor had said. I kept looking at him, trying to figure out who she was exactly.

I found myself, kind of jealous actually, I didn’t really realized how much I had come to depend on my friendship with Taylor. And, well I wasn’t sure if I would want him to have a girlfriend.