02 : So He Really Was Telling The Truth.

The car was eerily silent. I felt the warm body of the mass sitting next to me. blue eyes.

He was watching me. I looked over at him and stared back. Hoping I might be able to manipulate him somehow, with my mind. He just smiled.

‘I’m Conner.’

‘Do you actually believe what he said.’ I said in an undertone, indicating the older man in the passenger seat.

‘yes. I attend the school. I am a water user.’ He stated, pointing to his eyes.

Oh. ‘oh.’ I said.

He was still looking at me. ‘you can control all the elements, you’re the first one we know of who can.’ He seemed slightly awed.

I felt slightly awkward as I just sat there. Being ‘praised’ by someone I only just met.

There had been so many questions I wanted to ask since I first looked in the mirror on my 15th birthday to see my glowing rainbow eyes.

But I bit my tongue. Literally. I tasted blood welling up inside my mouth and swallowed.

I then study the people in the car with me. The old man with his tanned and wrinkled skin dark graying hair.

Besides Conners brilliant blue eyes his hair was a darkish brown colour with bits of darker brown in and out of it. Sort of like low-lights.

The other boy. Whose name I have yet to know with the fiery red coloured eyes had the blackest hair I had ever seen. Sharp cheek bones and hollow looking cheeks. I saw a light stubble growing on his face. His pale hands were resting on the steering wheel as he started intently at the road stretching out ahead of him.

I looked to my right out the window and saw green grass and a heard of llamas.

Conner was still looking at me. I decided to break the silence.

‘how long have you been going to this school?’ I asked him.

‘3 years. Started when I was 14.’ I nodded. So a whole two years before me. I felt my brow furrow.

‘I’m going to be so behind.’ I groaned knocking my head off of the back of the seat.

It pulled the red eyed man out of a sort of trance. ‘What are you doing?’ he asked looking at me by using the mirror.

I raised an eyebrow. ‘banging my head, on the back of this sit. In which my body is occupying.’

‘well stop, your distracting me. who is driving and therefore I hold your life in my hands. And if you have a death wish and hope to cause me to crash and drown us all in the lake…’

I cut him off. ‘Technically I couldn’t drown, because I can breath underwater. And well Mr. oh-so-scary-and-demanding-driver man, I don’t even know your name, have never said anything to you besides what I am saying now, and your talking to me like I am some complete idiot.’ I could feel my eyes glinting.

‘do-not-interrupt me when I am talking.’ Was all he said. I felt my anger rise and was about to say something back when I caught a glimpse of myself and noticed my eyes had turned red and I could feel my self heating up. It was a huge shock and I just looked at myself stunned.

Conner’s mouth was hanging open and he was looking at me, amazed.

The head master was watching me also. And I didn’t even notice that the car had pulled over and stopped moving. Even the red-eyed boy was looking at me oddly. There was still a hint of anger in his eyes but I didn’t really care.

I watched as the red faded to the rainbow of shimmering colours and my body temperature lower down to the right temperature. Then I just sat their looking at myself.

‘remarkable.’ Conner muttered.

‘interesting’ the Head master added.

‘Jayden.’ Said, well I guess his name is Jayden.