13 : Strudel Love

Whoever invented toaster strudel, I love them. I thought as I bit happily into a strawberry flavored masterpiece.

“OMMMMM! Oh my goodness this is so yummy!’ I said in a moan-y sort of voice.

Spencer was laughing at me so I shoved her pastry into her mouth and she was dissolved into the same reaction as myself.

I smiled triumphantly. Taylor who was sitting next to me was smiling and I saw his eyes roll. So being me I poked him in the side. He giggled, which I found hilarious and again started laughing at him. He was so cute.

I finished off my strudel and sighed in a overly dramatic fashion. ‘Got to go to training now Taylor.’ I said and gave him a quick peck on the cheek.

Then I left the cafeteria to the training room I had been using. It was equipped with all the equipment I’d need and I had all my tutors here to help me train. I was moving on to more advanced skills because I had mastered the basics and a few other things.

For two hours I manipulated the earth, directed the air, practiced fire control techniques and started a difficult exercise with water barriers.

I was pretty tired when I walked out of training and went to a math class, still in my uniform. I slipped a t-shirt from my black bag over my head and walked in. sitting beside Spencer. My teachers knew I’d be to class late every other day and it wasn’t an issue.

I tried to catch up with the work and soon was following along just as easily as everyone else in the class. Quadratic equations were a specialty of mine.

I copied the work from the board and started on the homework, finishing it with a few minutes to spare at the end of class. Spencer was stuck on the fourth question so I helped her out with it and we were moving onto the fifth when the bell rang indicating the end of class. I walked out the door and ran into something hard.

I fell backwards and let out a squeal. I heard a distinct groan and I frowned to myself.

Spencer helped me pick up my things and I shot Jayden a dirty look as we walked past. He just stared at me, his expression glinting oddly, almost gold. Then it was gone and I noticed my mind cleared from the haze it had been in all morning. Shaking my head I turned my attention across the cafeteria towards Taylor and the rest of our friends. Spencer was standing on the seat and waving dramatically at me.

I grinned back, my eyes a crystalline blue ringed with the rainbow. I raced towards the table, but when I almost reached it I found myself tripping through the air and with a scream I knocked to the ground.

A little bewildered I heard laughter and rushing footsteps. My friends crowded around me, concerned looks etched on their faces. I stood like nothing had happened and felt a bruise beginning to form on my knee where I had landed. I shrugged the feeling off but felt eyes practically glowering into my back and glanced around to see burning red eyes watching me from the doorway. Slightly intimidated I straightened by back and tried to make myself appear taller. Grumbling when I heard Taylor chuckled under his breath at my attempt. He had seen it, and I almost instinctively reached into his mind to see he thought it was because I was embarrassed.

I took his hand and walked to the table with him where, a tray loaded with about ten chicken burgers and heaping plate of fries was. We all sat and started to eat, enjoying the food.

Once lunch finished we all headed to afternoon classes and practiced later that evening with using our powers. I continued with the barriers while everyone else tried to get me to let it go, or lose concentration some way or another. It never happened and soon some of the nicer separate house members decided to try their strengths to break the ball I had suspended around me and running at a fast pace, creating friction and a current nothing was getting past.

We practiced a while longer and when we finished I was so tired I pretty much went straight to bed where both mentally and physically exhausted, I slept like a rock.