09 : Late Nights

I headed down the stairs and out the door at exactly 11.

He was standing there under the oak tree with a single sunflower. I smiled, because he remembered they were my favourite.

He wordlessly took my hand and started to walk. I held the flower in my hand.

‘You did a great job in training today.’ He said.

I beamed at him. ‘thanks, I was so proud of myself, and I was so happy that I finally was able to do it.’ i said sighing.

He smiled and kept walking. We came by a small stream and stopped beneath it. I immediately removed my sandals and shoved my feet in the cool water.

‘I wanted to talk to you about something.’ He said.

I turned to him expectantly and placed my eyes on his bright glowing red embers.

‘Well, I wanted to tell you about this, association I’m apart of.’

I kept looking at him. he cleared is throat. ‘Well, its basically, an organization to, take back what’s rightfully ours.’ He sounded a little fierce now.

‘what do you mean?’ I asked uncertainly.

‘It’s meant to bring us above the normals. Like we’ll be their Gods and they our slaves. Your strong, and would be very valuable to us.’

Wait. Did he mean that this group, is trying to overtake the normals. What are the normals? And what. He wants me to join.

‘Normals…’

‘humans. Without our abilities.’ He clarified.

I thought of being like a queen to tall these people, and felt disgusted.

‘why would I want to make millions of people my slaves. I don’t want to be ‘worshiped’’

His face went rigid. He wasn’t expecting me to say no.

‘Well then. I knew you’d be a waste of time.’ He stated standing up and turning to face me fully.

‘What do you mean. Was all this a sham. To try and get me to say yes to you. Huh?’ I was outraged, and I stood to face him now.

‘Yes. Your nothing more than an insolent little girl who can’t respect her higher authorities. I have to erase your memory now, can’t have you telling your little friends about us.’

I felt my eyes widen. ‘about who?! Huh, I mean you can’t take my memories.’

‘Who? The Perfect Race, that’s who. Consider us broken up.’ Then his eyes flashed silver and I let out a gasp as everything faded away.

I felt a groan escape my lips as I sat up. I was at the stream, and I watched Jayden’s figure walking away from me angrily.

I put a hand to my head and pulled it away to find it sticky with blood. My stomach heaved and I puked up the cookies and burger I had taken in just hours earlier.

What just happened. He had invited me to meet him under the tree, and he gave me a sunflower. We walked here and he just, he broke up with me.

I was stunned and hurt and confused. We got in a fight and he pushed me down. I looked at the rock that had some of my blood on it and almost started puking again.

I felt dizzy and blindly started to walk. I ended up in the water and I tripped and fell on my back.

Stars were popping in front of my eyes and I saw the world fading away.

Taylor’s POV.

Spencer was telling some crazy tale about how she saw a squirrel carrying around an entire pancake and watching it for an hour try to get it up a tree.

I glanced at the clock to see it was now almost 3 am. Where was Raeanne? She left nearly 4 hours ago. I rose to my feet and waved a goodbye to my friends.

Something didn’t feel right.

I was outside now, under this huge tree I had seen the two under through the giant window in the girls room.

I started walking around, and somehow ended up at a lake. I saw a small stream of water branching off of it so I follow it.

Within half an hour I saw a hunched mass lying half in half out of the water and I rushed forewards.

She had dried blood on her face and was shivering uncontrollably. She was passed out and I could only hope she was going to be okay.

I picked up her limp body and carried her bridal style.

The dinosaur necklace I had got her stood out magnificently next to her ghostly pale skin. Her red hair was soaked and her clothes were covered in mud.

Her closed eyelids looked bruised and her lips were almost blue. I quickened my pace and soon the village came into view and I rushed her into the house and ran up the stairs.

Small screams were met as I raced into her room and settled her onto her bed. I heard other voices asking what happened.

‘call the school healer.’ I ordered and listened as someone dialed the number and informed me that he’d be here in about 15 minutes.

I tucked blankets around her frail body and turned up the heat in the room.

Spencer handed me a cloth and a basin of water and I carefully wiped it from her face.

Soon the healer came in and pushed us out of the room so he could do his work.