23 : Surprise, Surprise

Warning: This Chapter has lots of violence, so if even reading about something like blood makes you sick, I advise you to proceed with caution. :) Other than that I hope you love it and, please don't hate me? >.< xD 

Comment, Vote, Fan, Read :) 

Toryxx 

Spencer

“What was that?” Kat whispered as we ducked into a small cupboard. There had been a loud crashing noise that reverberated around the castle. As my mouth curved into a smile I could hear several footsteps from down the hallway running in our direction. There were shouts to one another as they scrambled to head towards the explosion. “That, was the mines.”

Her eyebrows pushed together for a moment then a wide pearly grin spread across her face. I noticed that her incisors were more pointed than the average person, which just made her look more like 'Kat'. “Come on, we need to get moving.” I whispered as we donned the shadows and slipped down the corridor as the men dashed past, leaving us momentarily alone.

We moved on down the hallway, and through doors until we found a section of the castle, so thick with dust our footsteps were cushioned, not that we had been making any noise before. It was clear we would not be bothered here. Our backpacks, we stowed behind a pillar, just in case and slipped a protective covering over our faces. We were not black from head to toe, even our eyes were covered, they couldn't see us, but we could see them. I mentally thanked George for the masks as I tucked my hair all the way under. It would protect it later on, and trust me when I say that my hair was the most important part of my appearance.

Kat and I looked almost indistinguishable from the other, if only our heights were more similar. Instead she stands several inches above me. I'd learned to use my height to my advantage so this didn't bother me as much as it might have. “Time for phase two.” I said straight faced and grim. Kat seemed to be looking in my direction, so when she gave a slight nod we donned our weapons, a sword each, a gun with special high-grade bullets tipped with a chemical that would render the person hit unconscious for several hours, almost a day.

In a moment of hesitation I took the package from George and secured it to my belt, he said to only use it if I absolutely had to, if it was an emergency and I planned on just that. The curiosity that was biting at me didn't help but I prevailed to the urges of ripping it open and using it to get Rae and all of us out of there alive. I hope it was something worth the wait.

With the last of our weapons secured we headed out, watching as the sun rose higher in the sky, nearing noon through the open window. Sundown, we had to find her, before it was too late.

Raeanne

The room was cold, and I couldn't feel my hands anymore. The ribbons were so tight my hands were turning a faint blue-purple. I wished they could just loosen, a fraction, so I could get life back into my dying limbs, I couldn't do anything without my hands and I felt so light headed, as if I would pass out any second. Not because of my hands, I don't know what's causing it, but there is a space in my chest, where my heart should be and it's aching.

What's going on? Why is my head pounding and my mouth feels like cotton balls? Why are my thoughts going fuzzy, I idly realize I can feel my fingers again before allowing my head to fall back onto the chair where my eyes close and I am suddenly sleeping.

Nothing feels real. The sky is too blue, the grass overly green and too perfect. The birds sound too sweet and the air is too cold to be pleasant. I am standing in this white dress looking up at the castle and the sun is setting. The Varn with his cold silver eyes are boring into mine and his mouth is set in a crooked line, a fractured smile. “It is almost time, soon you will be ready, and I will be king.” He whispered, which sent shivers of fear running up my spine. What was going on? “What do you want with me?”I sound far-away and I notice I am getting weaker. I try to speak again but nothing comes out and I am suddenly lying on that overly green grass. I have my thoughts, I only have my thoughts, I think with my face pressed into the prickly ground. It itches. I can't move, my eyes are frozen open and I can see lights, and shadows. Its a red light, flickering like fire, and a glow like the morning sun hitting the water. Only it is not morning, it was night and the sun was dipping lower and lower. I watch as the sun goes down, down, down, and just as the last rays of the sun fade I feel a tingling in my limbs and suddenly my chest is burning with rage. It hurts, oh it hurts so bad. I scream.