06 : Knowing Looks and Humiliation

At the campus store, there was pretty much everything you could think of. Just imagine a Wal-Mart. A very cheap Wal-Mart, where you didn’t really even have to buy anything. It was at our disposal. Although there was a weekly limit of seven items.

It was pretty fantastic.

George, it turns out was probably the best person to invite along for he took complete charge when I found the hair dyes.

He picked a bright flaming red colour. I raised an eyebrow at him. It was the colour of Ariel’s hair. I then took two boxes, he made me take a third, apparently that’s how much I’d need.

After we left checking out my three boxes of hair dye he dragged us, literally, to his room. Where he set me excitedly on a chair and started brushing my hair. He tossed me a black t-shirt to change into so my yellow one wouldn’t get ruined and then wrapped a sheet around my shoulders.

I was a little nervous about the dying process and when I was going to process he glared so evilly I gulped and shut my mouth.

He was scary.

The dye didn’t smell, bad or good, just sort of, interesting. I liked it in a weird way.

He pulled my hair into awkward angles, trying to get to all the roots and making sure every hair was covered. Then we waited half an hour. And he excitedly chatted about this boy he’d met named Fred, and how the material for my special suit was coming along.

Then he pulled out a sketch pad and showed me a suit design. It seemed to be for my suit.

It was the best out of the four.

It was skin tight, and changed colour as I changed my power I’d be using. When I wasn’t using one, it was Jet black. It covered my feet but left my hands open and it curved into a point at each middle finger. It didn’t cover my entire neck, I didn’t like the way that felt. It came to my collar bone and V’d a little bit but not too much.

He drew me in the picture. So I knew it’d be pretty perfect.

Funny enough he drew my hair down, and a bright fiery red like it would soon be.

The boots were skin tight as well, and made of the same material, just that they’d always stay black, with tougher bottoms. They came about halfway to my knee, and didn’t look like they were there. A heavy black belt he showed me a sketch of as well. I was so excited about the suit.

We talked for another minute or so before he stood and and suddenly lurched the chair towards a sink a few feet away and started to wash out the dye. It took awhile but finally it was all out and he wanted to blow dry it instead of letting me remove the water myself.

He finished the drying and stood back looking at me.

I raise and eyebrow and he clapped his hands together exclaiming as to how great I looked.

I stood up letting the sheet fall and went to the mirror. my eyes widened and my first reaction was bright. It went pretty perfectly with my skin colour actually, and because my eyes flashed the rainbow it was pretty cool.

It looked startling, but I actually really loved it.

‘Wow.’ Was all I could say. Spencer and Cory agreed on how great it looked on me too.

I smiled at myself and decided to change out of Georges black shirt and into my yellow tank top again. Grabbing my cardigan too I knotted it around my waist.

‘Thanks so much George.” I said beaming at him. he hugged me, which was a great surprise to me but I hurried to hug back so he wouldn’t get offended.