10 : Waiting

Taylor’s POV

I was sitting outside of the room along with the Spencer, Cory and Blaze. Spencer was hugging Cory and blaze was fiddling with this piece of string.

I watched the door. Waiting. It felt like hours but finally the door opened and I shot up faster than the others and rushed forward.

‘How is she?’ I asked quickly.

‘She’s okay. Your lucky you found her when you did. She probably wouldn’t have made it other wise. I gave her some stitches for the cut on her head and some medicine to help with her temperature. She’s resting now, so try not to disturb her. I’ll be back tomorrow afternoon to check on her. As soon as she wakes up give her some of this herbal tea. It’ll help.’

I nodded and thanked him before he left.

As soon as he was out of sight we all ran into the room. Well, as quietly as we could, and saw her lying in bed with a white bandage wrapped around her head. Cory and Spencer noticed her still in her clothes and kicked us out for a minute so they could change her.

When I came back in she was wearing an oversized t-shirt and some shorts. I wrapped the blanket around her and tucked some hair behind her ear.

After that Cory and Spencer crawled into bed silently and Blaze settled onto the hammock and started snoring. I sat down next to the bed and soon felt my eyelids droop slowly and fell into sleep.

Raeanne’s POV

you stupid little bitch.’ He screamed at me raising a hand.

I yelled out and held my hands up protectively but he smacked them away and slapped me. hard.

I was sobbing and holding my cheek. ‘w-why?’

He just chuckled. ‘you are so not worth my time.’

The words clanged around in my head and teleported me to a different time.

Jayden stood in front of me, an angry expression on his face.

what are you talking about?’ I asked angrily.

Suddenly the whole scene took on a vivid look to it. His mouth was saying one thing but it didn’t match up to the words coming out of his mouth.

You’re a waste of time. I don’t even know why I bothered asking you to be my girlfriend. I mean you won’t even put out.’

but what are you talking about?’

see your not even smart enough to know that I’m breaking up with you.’

My mind was reeling and he mouthed some words. No sound coming out. Next thing I know is his eyes are shining silver and I’m falling down. Down. Down. Down.

I woke with a start. Breathing heavily and covered in ice cold sweat. I was shivering.

‘whoa you okay Rae.’ I heard a voice beside me and saw Taylor with a worried expression. I nodded but stopped because it hurt and put my hand to my head feeling a thick bandage.

‘What happened?’ I asked.

I saw Taylor glance at Spencer then back at me.

‘well, it was really late, almost 4 when we realized how long you’d been gone and got worried. I came to look for you and found you lying half in the stream with dried blood all over your face and neck and clothes. You were almost dead Rae.’ He said, eyes shining and looking at me sadly.

I was, for the most part shocked. ‘but…’ I started then an image of Jayden flashed in my mind and I saw those silver eyes.

I felt hot tears come down my face and covered them quickly with my hands and breathed deeply for a minute waiting for them to stop. Finally they did and I resurfaced and blinked a few times.

‘he broke up with me.’ I said it so quietly I wasn’t sure if anyone heard me but I was pulled into someone’s chest so I hugged that person and cried my eyes out. So much for being ‘strong’. I never cried and this was humiliating.

I pulled away and noticed the giant stain on Taylors chest and let out a huff of exasperation and grief.

He was looking at me with this weird expression and I looked away from him feeling embarrassed and weak.

My head was throbbing and I reached to my side table to take some Advil. Taylor stopped me.

‘Healer instructed us not to let you take painkillers. He gave us this tea.’ He handed Blaze the box who set off to make some tea.

I waited patiently and soon blaze returned with a steaming mug. It was a dark green colour and smelled pretty good.

I blew on it and set it aside to cool a bit before I could drink it. I didn’t want to burn my tongue. I didn’t feel like talking and I essentially wanted to be alone.

I drank my tea and was surprised that I actually felt better.

I pulled the covers over my shoulders and snuggled into my bed. Soon I felt the bed shift as someone lay down next too me wrapping me in their arms. I didn’t care who it was and moved closer to them so I was warm and fell asleep quickly, the scent of musk and cinnamon.