05 : Revenge

He was smiling. Not a very nice smile I might add and his eyes glinted angrily when he saw me.

I felt my eyes widen slightly and I bit my lip. I could tell right now that this was not going to be fun.

I looked around the room and noticed a teacher I had seen earlier sitting in the corner.

‘so, Jayden. You’re my fire teacher? Heh heh.’ I asked a little nervously.

He just smiled in answer. Then started talking.

‘I am training you, as an extra credit assignment. You will follow along with the training I have devise and will not question me. You will not just be learning to use your element. You will also be strengthening yourself physically. Now, since you already, (smirk) did so well earlier I will start with the basics.

I want you to work on concentrating the fire in the palms of your hands.”

He just looked at me expectantly so I dropped my black bag into the corner and walked a few steps forward so I was standing in front of him.

Then I did what I did in my water training.

I put all my concentration into having only fire emerge onto my hands. It took a bit, but I finally managed.

I opened my eyes, not realizing they had shut in concentration. I smiled widely and saw that he was not very pleased. He had me practice shooting the fire at targets. And trying to control it as it would often go off course and try to set fire to everything. It was much more difficult than using water.

This tired me out pretty quickly but Jayden instructed me to keep going. So I managed.

After the hour of training he let me go. I exited the training room and changed into my clothes for lunch. When I sat down with the other water elements I was honestly exhausted.

Spencer patted my arm sympathetically and Taylor handed me a bottle of water which I greedily downed. I didn’t want to get up for food so I had to beg Blaze to.

‘Pleaaasse. Ill be your best friend!” I tried.

He shook his head stubbornly.

‘I’ll give you 100 free hugs!’

He picked up a French fry and dipped it in some ketchup and mayonnaise mixture.

‘Okay, I will give you my limited edition superman action figure and 100 free hugs.’ I said. I was sort of hoping he wouldn’t agree. I didn’t want to give up my super man.

He froze. French-fry dressing dripping from the fried potato and onto his shirt.