Acknowledgement

If you read this from the early stages of me writing this way back in 2017 and continued to read til the very last chapter which I finished in 2021, you dear reader should receive an award!

I started writing this fanfic after reading several Draco and Hermoine fanfictions, and honestly, I didn't even have any interest in fanfictions! I even thought it was weird at first because..... why? But then I saw a cute photo of Hermoine and Draco conversing (see below photo) and I was curious, which then lead me to read fanfics of them and what do you know, I ended up enjoying them!

 why? But then I saw a cute photo of Hermoine and Draco conversing (see below photo) and I was curious, which then lead me to read fanfics of them and what do you know, I ended up enjoying them!

So, I'd first like to thank the hard work of these fanfic writers of wattpad for inspiring me to write my own version.

I decided to start writing this story because I wanted something different, a fresh take on these characters. But instead of writing another DracoxHermoine, I wanted to do an original character instead. I also wanted a read that was light, nothing too dramatic, no toxic Draco, and really just a rom-com type of vibe.

Writing my first fanfic ever was extremely fun and enjoyable. I must say I will miss writing this story as I think it's one of my most favourite stories that I have ever written!

I immensely enjoyed the friendship between the 'Platinum trio' and I hope you enjoyed reading them too.

This has been a long process with me writing on and off again depending on my schedule, but I knew I wanted to finish this story(no matter how long it took!), and I wanted my Draco and Serena to have a heartwarming(no rush) ending.

It is definitely bittersweet to end The Best Mistake after about 3 years of writing! If someone manages to complete my story from start to finish and you're here right now reading this, then THANK YOU! I am beyond grateful you took a chance on this little story of mine. I wasn't even sure if people would see this because again, there are a myriad of Draco stories out there, but as of writing, The Best Mistake has garnered 2.8 thousand reads and was #11 on #dracomalfoystory so yay! There were people who were actually able to read and discover this which I am again, very grateful and amazed! *happy dance*

Thank you again so much for reading The Best Mistake. I hope you enjoyed the romance between Draco and Serena, as well as the friendship between the Platinum Trio. A billion thanks, dear readers!

May you live wonderfully with the magic that surrounds you always!

Your fellow Hogwarts schoolmate,

Of Slytherin house,

Always and Forever,

Sab S.

P.S.  I have a new original story out called: Fake Love, Real Lies! If you enjoyed the teasing and the banter between Serena and Draco here, you'll surely enjoy this story as well! How do childhood enemies Ellie and Derek become fake lovers? Will they be able to convince everyone that they're dating all the while trying not to kill each other? And what happens when the line between fake and real becomes blurry?

Started- Late 2017

Finished- Jan 27, 2021