13 - The Chill

It was the day before Serena left for home, meaning it was also the day of her date with Tristan. Yes, she was feeling a strong attraction towards Draco these past few days, especially ever since their dinner. But she also couldn't neglect her feelings for Tristan, she has liked the guy for two years and maybe this date could give her more clarity. Although, she doubt it could.

Instead of going out of Hogwarts, they decided to stay within castle grounds and have a picnic in the quidditch arena.

"Do you plan on becoming a professional quidditch player?" Serena asked while taking a bite of the blueberry parfait.

"I don't think so. I love playing the sport sure, but I don't see myself playing it professionally"

"So what are your plans after graduating?"

"I'm not sure but maybe something that has to do with Arithmancy, it's my best subject and it's what the professors suggested"

"Interesting, I never really had a heart for Arithmancy or anything with numbers"

Tristan smiled. "Not everyone does but it's okay.... You know, I'm glad Professor Slughorn made us partners for that project"

Serena looked at him "yeah? Why is that?"

"I get to have this date with you and I got to know you more and I still want to know more about you"

Serena could feel her cheeks blush. She's now hearing what she never thought to hear. "I... Me too Tristan"

"Should we go for a walk?" Tristan asked and Serena nodded.

Blaise and Draco were sitting in the Great Hall playing a game of wizard chess. Blaise was grinning from ear to ear since he was winning and since Draco was obviously distracted.

"Checkmate!" Blaise screamed, and Draco just grunted and laid his forehead on top of the table

"Oh don't worry mate, maybe next time you'll do better. Although, with a mood like that I doubt it" Blaise mocked but Draco didn't make any move or noise as a reply so Blaise asked him, "Have you decided what to do for this Holiday Break?"

Draco still didn't move for a while but then he lifted his head, and rested it in his closed hand, "Maybe I'll just take your offer"

"Great!" Blaise grinned.

"Just please remember to cast a muffliato spell whenever Pansy is around, I don't want to hear anything at night"

Blaise laughed and nodded. Ever since his parents' death, Blaise has the Zabini household to himself. Draco decided it was best for him to go with Blaise rather than stay here at Hogwarts or go back to Malfoy Manor. His mother would be travelling this holiday season and besides that, he didn't want to meet with her since she would probably just pester him with Astoria.

"Do you want to head back then? I haven't packed yet" Blaise asked.

"You go on ahead, I'll just take a walk first" Draco replied. Blaise nodded and both went on their separate way

Serena and Tristan were walking around outside the castle. They just finished playing a round of snowball fights and now just agreed on a truce.

"I have to hand it to you, Serena, you can throw a mean snowball. I think I'm going to have a bruise!" Tristan said while holding the side of his stomach.

"Having a very competitive older brother does train you into the art of throwing snowballs" Serena said smugly.

"Is that so?" Tristan laughed. "You're really funny you know that?"