15 - The Reply

Serena and Draco stood still again as they looked at each other. Draco still hasn't talked or replied when Serena informed him that he had won the deal.

Serena didn't know how she was still standing after that kiss. Her knees were weak and wobbly and she felt like Draco sucked the life out of her. She didn't notice she was holding the back of her chair just for support.

She was about to say something when Draco sneered at her. "I told you I'd win. I'm usually never wrong. So, what now, should I congratulate you? Are you two together now?"

"Ac--"

"I didn't know I was such a good matchmaker. First, Blaise and Pansy, and then Theo and Lovegood, and now you! You're now finally dating the boy you've been in love with ever since" Draco laughed bitterly.

"I am NOT in love with him!" Serena said through gritted teeth. The thought of even loving that jerk was enough to make her blood boil. "I have never said I was in love with him nor will I ever!"

Draco's brow arched "Oh please, of course you will! You're such a pathetic, romantic fool after all"

And because Serena was already feeling all these negative emotions in her, and because Draco out of nowhere kissed her making her all the more confused, and because he made her feel even worse after, she walked over to him and pushed him. Hard. But Draco only stumbled back one step.

They were both glaring at each other, they could see and feel the heat from each other's eyes. Before Serena could talk to him she cast a muffliato spell so that her family wouldn't hear them. "What is wrong with you?! You suddenly appear in my room, kiss me out of nowhere and you have the nerve to insult me?! You're acting like a total arse! What did I ever do to you?!" She screamed at him.

"You did everything to me!" Replied Draco with a voice much louder and angrier.

"What?!"

"You want to know what I want now that I won the deal?!"

"Is this even the right time to--"

"Don't do it" Draco wasn't shouting anymore but his voice was still firm.

"What do you mean?" Serena asked in a whisper. Even if the room was dim she could see the pained expression in Draco's face.

"Be with me instead"

Serena felt the world stop. She paused for a full 5 seconds and then she ran to him and kissed him. All her confusion now washed away with relief, understanding, and happiness.

When Serena didn't answer him, he already accepted their lost friendship. But then he felt her slam into him, her arms wrapped around his neck and her lips on his. He was beyond surprised and confused as well but at the moment he didn't care. He got a better, or the best, response than to what he expected. So he kissed her, but this time it was gentle and sweet, and he held her so tightly.

"Ow-ow" He heard her say, so he let go of her.

"Wow you can really hug the life out of someone" Serena teased and both chuckled. And he liked this, Draco thought. He liked, or rather, he loved hearing their laughter together.

"I don't get it. I thought you said I won, doesn't that mean he likes you?" Draco asked.

Serena nodded. "But then I found out what a huge arsehole he was"

Draco smiled. "I told you! That goody-two-shoes persona is all an act! And you were blind to see it"

"Look, he still did save me from before but yes I was blind"

"What happened? I saw you two kiss!.... Wait you know what, nevermind I don't want to know"

Serena was surprised, "You were spying on us?!"