41 - The Family Meeting

The full moon was shining, and the clear skies showed a million stars that were reflected on the water. Serena felt bittersweet as she looked at Hogwarts castle. How truly beautiful and magnificent it was. It seemed only yesterday how she was an excited, anxious little 11-year old approaching the castle, growing bigger as they got closer. But now, her sight of the castle was now getting smaller as the boat was floating farther away at the place she called home for 7 years. 

Tears couldn't help but form in her eyes as both good and bad memories flooded over her. She would miss being a student in Hogwarts, sneaking off hoping Filch would not catch them, eating at the Great Hall, The train ride every year to Hogwarts was always so exciting, learning new spells, studying for exams, wearing her Slytherin robes, her bedroom, the secret corner she, Blaise and Draco would always go to for a meeting, lounging at the Slytherin Common Room. Oh, how she would miss that Common Room. So much of her student life was there with her friends. There were just too many things to miss about Hogwarts, she felt like a piece of her heart would forever be left there.

She felt a hand on hers and saw Draco give her a reassuring smile and she knew then and there that a new life was about to unfold ahead of her. And with Draco by her side, she was sure that life would even be more adventurous and more beautiful.

Serena arrived at her home with a surprise from her family. A banner that said "Congratulations!", Ben popped a party popper, her mother holding a cake, while her father filmed her reaction. Serena felt warm in her heart for her family's support. They knew nothing about the graduation in magic school yet here they were celebrating as if they understood everything that she went through.

"Thank you so much!" Her smile was wide and bright as she hugged each one of them and took some icing on her finger.

"How was your trip?" Claire asked.

"I was honestly an emotional wreck. Tears wouldn't stop pouring! I'm going to miss Hogwarts so much"

"Oh, I know honey. But that's how life is, I'm sure you can visit anytime!" Her mother caressed her cheek.

"Man, Hogwarts must be a great school. When students graduate here people are usually ecstatic to finally leave! I've never heard of someone crying because they would miss school" Ben mused.

"It definitely is. I'm so glad you're here Ben" 

"Of course! I wouldn't miss my sister's graduation!"

They all sat in their dining table and ate the feast prepared by her family, telling stories about her graduation and her days at Hogwarts. Afterwards, since Serena is now of age and has graduated, she decided to show her family some of the spells she had learned in school. It was like a recital of some sorts, showing her family that she did her best in school.

She showed them the levitation charm, lumos, did rictusempra towards Ben, used scourgify with the dishes, and even disapparated and apparated. Her family looked at her with such amazement and even pride. It was the first time they saw her really use magic. They gave her an applause as if she just did the most amazing magic trick. She bowed and thanked all of them for their support.

Later that night she and Ben were sitting on the swings. "So, what are your plans now Rey?"

"I've always wanted to become a healer"

"Healer? Is that like a doctor or something?"

"Yes, it is"

"Wow, my sister is going to be a witch doctor!"