05 - The Patronus

Draco found himself in a small but cozy living room; The walls coloured in beige, the floors made of wooden planks, and it had cozy furniture all around. It was the total opposite of the living area in the Malfoy Manor, wherein it was 2 or 3 times larger than this but it felt empty and alone, it lacked the 'homey' feeling that this one had.

"Where are we?" He asked, but didn't realise it was a whisper. He looked around when he saw picture frames on top of the fireplace, pictures of a young, and rather chubby, raven-haired girl with blue eyes. He took one photo, the toddler on the beach proudly showing a small starfish on one hand, and a seashell on the other. He didn't realise Seren wasn't in the room when he heard her coming back in the living room from behind.

"It seems my parents aren't here," said Serena. She heard Draco mumble something but couldn't hear it, he finally turned around to see he was holding a photo of her when she was younger, his eyes never leaving the photo. Her eyes widened and quickly went over to him to grab it but he lifted it way up and she was unable to reach it.

"My, my Collins look what an adorable kid you are, so bubbly! Oh and look at those pinchable cheeks!" Draco teased.

"Malfoy give it, or else!" She threatened

"Oh, where did the happy kid go?"

Serena stepped closer and leaned towards him, Draco took a step back but his leg stumbled the edge of the coffee table and he fell back. Which led him to grab Serena in hopes to stop his fall, but she was unprepared and both fell on the sofa resulting to Serena landing on Draco's chest.

She lifted her head to scold him, "Mal--"

Time went still. She was cut short of her scolding when she realised how close their faces were, mere inches apart. And what surprised her even more, was how Draco was looking at her as if he was hypnotised by her. She herself seemed to be in the same trance as he looked at him. It was as if she was looking at him for the first time. His hair was a bit longer, and it wasn't slicked back as it usually was and she felt that it suited him, he had a well-sculpted jawline, and his eyes....his eyes were so captivating... The way he was looking at her right now....

"Finally home! I thought we were going to be stuck in traffic forever!"

Upon hearing her father's voice, the time-stilled moment immediately broke and she quickly stood up to greet her parents leaving Draco dazed and confused.

He could hear her greet her parents and the surprise in their voices to see her. He would have...no, should have stood up and gone after her to greet her parents and introduce himself but he was completely stuck to his seat, unable to move. What had just happen? There he was teasing Collins and then the next he was looking at her in a different light. Her eyes were so bright and she looked so beautiful. He noticed all her quirky features: Her eyes were too big for her face, she had freckles he only noticed, and she had a unique, and odd lip shape, but all these made her even more beautiful. He swallowed---hard, feeling a sweat bead on his forehead despite the cool November air. Salazar help him, what was happening?

"Mum, Dad, this is Draco Malfoy a classmate of mine. Draco, these are my parents, Claire and Philip" upon hearing his name he stood up and turned to meet her parents. He noticed how her mother had blonde hair and blue eyes and her father had dark hair with dark eyes, she was a mixture of both, but looked more like her father. He smiled to himself with that observation but quickly dismissed it, wondering why he found it amusing.

"Pleasure to meet you Mr. and Mrs. Collins, I'm sorry for the sudden intrusion" he shook their hands and smiled to both of them

"It's okay Draco, Serena explained what happened so it's alright. Please do feel at home" Mrs. Collins said gesturing for him to take a seat. He smiled and took his seat, he wondered if her parents knew what was really happening.