10 - The Burn Out

"So you told her everything huh?" Blaise asked.

"Yeah. I don't know why I did, I just felt like she had to know and it felt like the right time"

Blaise looked at the huge stuffed elephant that was now sitting beside Draco's bed. From what Blaise gathered, Draco opened up to Serena and the two bonded over something beyond friendship. He was happy for his friend, he knew that by sharing his secrets, his past, his burdens, a huge weight lifted off his shoulder.

"There's something else" Draco looked at Blaise. He kept silent, only giving him a questioning look.

"We.... I.... I kissed her"

Blaise thought that his eyes were to pop out of his eye sockets. "Holy Shit! Did something else happen?"

"No. I quickly pulled away when I realized what I was doing" Draco was looking down, he wanted to forget what happened, he did. But every time before he sleeps, his mind wonders to that memory, or when he sees her and he unconsciously looks at her lips. He also didn't want to tell Blaise about such things but it was messing with his mind. He needed advice.

"If I didn't know better it seems like you're starting to fancy her, mate" Blaise was now smirking at his friend.

"What? No! I think I'm having a more confused, guilty feeling for what I did"

"Sure you are"

"Yes I am"

"Mhmmmm"

Draco didn't even bother to reply to Blaise. He laid down to bed satisfied with their conversation. Although Blaise didn't really give him advice, his mind cleared and finally understood what he was feeling. 'Yes....' he thought, "I'm feeling guilty for what I did' and the he went to sleep... Or at least tried to.

-----------------------------------------

Serena was walking to her class when she felt someone pull her robes back, making her lose her footing but someone caught her before she met the floor.

"I didn't know you were clumsy" she heard the all too familiar voice say. She turned around to face him, "Clumsy?! You pulled me back out of nowhere! Seriously Malfoy I almost fell!"

Draco smirked, "Don't worry Collins, I'll always catch you"

There was something about what Draco said and how he was looking at her that made Serena blush and made her inners churn.

"S-so what do you want?" Serena asked, trying to look anywhere but him.

"Thank you"

"What?" She was looking at him now.

"For that box you gave me"

"Oh. You're welcome" She answered sheepishly. She noticed d how she's been getting sheepish around Draco lately.

"I named it"

"You did? What's his name then?"

"Her name is Rey"

"Oh.." Serena felt a warmth in her heart, she didn't understand why such a simple gesture from Draco made her feel like that. She hated it when she felt confused around Draco so she teased him to distract herself from what she was feeling. "You know part of the reason I gave that to you is to remind you of my glory and triumph that night"

"Ah yes, but you did trick me so next time won't be easy and we'll be playing something you're not secretly good at"

Serena smiled with the thought of 'next time'. "Oh trust me I know I'd still beat you at whatever that is. Anyway, is that all? I have a class to attend to and thanks to you I'm late"