01 - The Meeting

Serena finally reached the tower to see it empty. She wasn't sure how to feel as of the moment. Her plan of looking beautiful and confident as she share her true feelings quickly went out the window as she was sure she looked disheveled and a nervous wreck. She was arguing with herself if she should continue, suddenly unsure if this was the right time, what if he wasn't going to come? What if she was just getting too ahead of herself? She was about to turn around when she heard footsteps.

She caught her breath and swallowed hard. This was it, he had come.

"Who--"

"Wait!" Serena interrupted him, she wanted to say the things she wanted to say before her courage left her. She chose to look out at the scenery instead of turning back to look at him, for she was sure that if she did look at him she will get too nervous and back out of her plan.

"I-- I know you might be wondering why I asked you to come here and well.. Um... Oh I'll just get straight to the point!..." Serena clenched her fists and closed her eyes, "... I like you! I have liked you since our 5th year, ever since you saved me from that...incident. You're my hero and I admire you for everything that you are."

Serena was only met with silence. Tristan didn't say anything, nor did he move, nothing. And then she wondered maybe their house differences was an issue. "If you're hesitant because I'm a Slytherin, please know that while we're mostly known for evil wizards and witches, even death eaters before, we're not all like that. It's actually a very unfair prejudice on our part and after the war, most of those who were with Voldemort turned a new leaf. And with you being a Gryffindor and I a Slythe--"

"Gryffindor?! What the bloody hell are you talking about me being a Gryffindor?!"

Serena furrowed her brows, 'this is not Tristan's voice' she thought. She suddenly felt anxious as to who she has falsely confessed to, she swallowed a lump on her throat and carefully turned around.

Her eyes widened as she saw the man standing in front of her.

Instead of the brown chestnut hair, dark dreamy eyes, with an angelic face she admired and expected, the man in front of her was the complete opposite. Platinum blond, grey stormy eyes, and an arrogant face with his eyebrow shot up in confusion was what greeted her .

"Malfoy?! What the bloody hell are you doing here?!"

"What am I doing here?! I got a letter, which I'm guessing is from you, to come here tonight!"

"But.. But that wasn't meant for you!"

"I gathered as much, as you called me a bloody Gryffindor earlier" Draco Malfoy crossed his arms, a smirk forming across his face upon seeing the woman in front of him on the verge of a panic attack.

"No no no no no no! This is not good! Oh Merlin's beard what have I done" Serena had her hand above her eyes as if hiding herself from embarrassment while pacing back and forth. How will she get out of this humiliation? How could she be so stupid as to not even turn around to make sure she was talking to the right person? And how...

"Wait a minute, how did you even get the letter? I placed it on his table!"

"No, you placed it on mine."

"No I didn't! I precisely remember his seat: row 5, column 2 left side!"

"Exactly yes, that is my seat," Draco said proudly.