21 - The Letter

Serena was walking through the halls when she felt someone grab her wrist and pulled her into a corner. She didn't see who it was but already had a good guess.

"Draco what did I tell you---" when she looked up she stopped speaking, feeling rage slowly creeping up to her.

"What do you want?" Serena asked in a low, harsh voice, not even she recognised

"I see you're really mad at me," Tristan said looking down at her.

"Trust me, Dormatt, 'mad' is an understatement"

Tristan felt nervous. Serena looked hauntingly scary like she could curse him just by the way she was looking at him... Can she? "Look, Serena, please hear me out, please" Tristan practically begged and when she didn't answer he proceeded to explain himself before she could leave. "I'm sorry about what I said before. I didn't mean it. I got tipped off about you and Malfoy. I got jealous because I didn't like him. But when I said I liked you I meant it. I didn't mean about wanting you just so I could make him jealous. That was petty of me. I'm sorry" Tristan apologized sincerely.

"And what makes you think I'll believe you? That this isn't still part of your horrid plan?" Serena asked, unmoved by his apology.

"I can't. Just know that I really do like you and I want to get to know you more"

Serena laughed and looked at him in what Tristan thought 'in a very seductive manner'. He felt hope that maybe she did forgive him.

Serena placed her hands on his chest and she saw him smile proudly but then she pushed him hard. "You're even more stupid than I thought! If you think an apology like that would work on me! Idiot prick!" And then Serena left him baffled.

"I'll get you someday Serena Collins. That Draco Malfoy has nothing on me" Tristan whispered as he watched her leave.

Serena entered the common room and sat on the sofa. She decided to read a book to get her mind off her encounter with Tristan. But just after reading the first paragraph she slammed the book down to her lap.

"Ugh! The nerve of that stupid-face jerk!" She whispered to herself. "Who does he think he is? Does he think I'm that easy? Hmph!"

"She's gone mental" Serena heard voices from behind her.

"She went mental the day she agreed to date you mate" Blaise teased and Serena knew that Draco was now glaring at him. Draco took a seat beside her and Blaise sat at the opposite side of the couch.

"You look pissed" Draco pointed out.

"Because stupid-face-pighead Dormatt" Serena replied, still looking at the fire.

Serena felt Draco tense up beside her and asked, "what did he do?"

Serena sighed and decided to just tell the truth but when Draco heard enough he quickly stood up only to be pulled back down by Serena.

"And where do you think you're going?" She asked.

"Where do you think? His skull is thicker than I thought! I'll tell him off once and for all" Draco said standing up, with that familiar arrogant tone that he always used before when he was younger.

"I already told him off! If he tries to do something funny again, I'll no doubt hex him right away! I can handle my own battles Draco, now sit!"

Draco, against his will, sat but didn't look happy. Blaise smiled at how changed Draco has become. "This is absolutely beautiful! Look how Draco has changed! Pansy would be so proud, and so will Theo" Blaise said laughing.

"Shut up Zabini" Draco hissed.

"Say, Serena, would you like to come hang out with us this weekend? Pansy has been itching to meet you" Blaise looked over at her ignoring, Draco.