32 - The Rumour

Draco hurriedly went to his mother's room and searched for the portkey. His mother was going to have to go back home with someone else. 

He searched on her dressing table until he finally found a silver snake brooch.

Serena was heading back to the common room since it was almost curfew. She just had a chat with Luna and another Ravenclaw boy named Mike who was incredibly intelligent and knowledgeable in both magic and muggle science. They were both just listening to him in awe about how some magic spells can be explained by science. They had so much fun and were so intrigued by the topic that they didn't realize how late it has gotten.

"Oh shoot, we have to go back before Filch catches us" said Serena.

"You're right. Shall I walk you back to your common room Serena?" asked Mike.

"No, I'm alright thank you. I'll see you guys tomorrow!"

The three waved at each other and Serena hurriedly went back hoping not to get caught. She went down the stairs leading to the dungeon then was about to turn right but had to stop in her tracks.

There seemed to be a glowing arrow pointing left, and the Slytherin common room was straight ahead.

It seemed sketchy especially at this time of night but her curiosity got the best of her and decided to follow the arrow. Every time she was nearing the arrow, it would disappear and would reappear a few feet in front of her.

She followed it and the arrows were leading her to a place she's very familiar with. The secret corner her, Blaise and Draco always go to when they need to talk privately.

When she finally reached the secret corner, there he was, the platinum haired-boy she missed and loved, casually leaning on the column waiting for her.

Without a second more, she flung herself to Draco hugging him tightly and Draco hugged her as tightly as well.

They just stayed like that for a while. Serena wanted to let go to see his face but Draco hugged her tighter, refusing to let go. "Not yet" He whispered.

Serena smiled and hugged him tightly again. "I missed you"

"I missed you too. I also thought you'd be mad at me for suddenly disappearing"

"Oh I am mad, but I miss you more. So I'll just scold you after this hug"

Draco snuggled his face into Serena's neck. "Then I guess I should never let you go then"

Serena smiled "You better not"

When it was getting a bit harder to breathe from the tight hug Serena said, "okay, now you have to let me go before I suffocate to death"

 With great effort Draco finally untangled himself. He looked at Serena's face, her nose and cheeks red. "Where have you been?" He asked

"Outside, talking with Luna and Mark from Ravenclaw"

"Been gone for 4 days and you already replaced Blaise and me?"

"Just you, not Blaise" She teased

Draco looked at her smiling and realized just how much he missed her and suddenly how guilty he felt at what happened. 

He pulled her close to him and kissed her. He just stayed still on her mouth, hoping it would erase any trace of Astoria, hoping to erase the guilt he felt even if he wasn't at fault. He wanted to tell her but he didn't want to ruin their reunion. He knew that the right time will come for him to tell her everything. And Merlin help him when it does.