07 - The Aftermath

Draco leaned back slowly. Even if they only shared a light, soft peck on the lips, both were breathing heavily. When the realisation hit Draco, he quickly stood up and cleared his throat. Serena didn't do anything and seemed to be locked in place, she only moved when she heard her door close.

She swallowed a lump in her throat and felt her cheeks heat up. She was confused as to what just happened, a bit annoyed that he just left, but thankful he did so he couldn't see her flushed cheeks.

She just had her first kiss... With Draco Malfoy.

Meanwhile, in the guest bedroom, Draco was doing the exact opposite of Serena. If she was frozen in place, too in shock to move, Draco was pacing back and forth unable to sit still.

He didn't know what has gotten into him. All he knew he was looking at those big, bright, blue eyes and then he went for it. He kissed her because for him it was the only rational thing to do, did she feel the same way? She did kiss him back, didn't she? Did he do it because he got caught up in the moment? Maybe. He wasn't sure but he was going to have an explanation the next day when he sees her.

--------------------------------------------

The next morning, Serena slowly opened her eyes, she couldn't remember how she fell asleep last night with all the thoughts running through her mind. She didn't want to stand up and go out, too afraid how she or he would react upon seeing each other. So she laid down staring up the ceiling. She turned to her nite table beside her and saw the unopened letter from Daisy, so she sat up and opened it.

**What?! Are you serious?! This is all too much to take in! I can't believe you wrongly confessed to Malfoy and now he's helping you! How's that going by the way? Have they really changed? I'm sure Toby would have been jealous!.... Oh how I miss him. Write me back asap! Want to know all the details!

P.s. Sorry for the late reply. The shop here has been really busy lately and George and I have been running around like a couple of lost chickens, I think we need an assistant**

Serena felt a pang of sadness upon reading her friend's name. She wrote to Daisy the day Malfoy offered her the deal, so much has happened since then so she tried to write everything that happened in the past month. Starting from how the boys really have changed, to Tristan asking her to go to Hogsmeade, and to the return of stupid Death Eaters but decided to leave out what happened the past 2 days with Draco being in her home. 2 days that also made all the difference in her life.

After giving her letter to Pepper she decided it was finally time to go down. She couldn't ignore her growling stomach anymore. When she reached the kitchen no one was there. She went back up the guest bedroom to check if he was inside but he wasn't, so she went back to the kitchen and prepared herself some food and decided to look for Draco after eating. An excuse she made deep down to prolong her seeing him.

But her excuse didn't work when she heard his voice from behind. "Didn't know you could cook" she got a bit nervous and didn't turn around to face him, fully concentrating on what she was preparing. "Well, now you do" she replied trying to sound as nonchalant as he was.

"Have you eaten breakfast yet? I know it's a bit late but--"

"A bit late?" He interrupted her, "Collins it's 2:30 in the afternoon"

She turned around this time. He was leaning casually at the door frame and for some reason, that sight made her blush, so she quickly turned back again pretending to be busy with her cooking. For Salazar's sake, she was absolutely going mental! She nervously cleared her throat, "I had to write back to my friend Daisy, that's why I went down late. I didn't realise the time"