40 - The Malfoy Manor

"I can't believe we're graduating next week. We're leaving Hogwarts for good" Blaise said as he looked up the sky. The Platinum trio were sitting near the black lake, they have received their scores from the NEWTS, all satisfied with their grades. They were now just enjoying their last few days in Hogwarts.

"Are you going home for the weekend Serena?" Asked Blaise. They were permitted to go home or go on a weekend vacation as a reward for the gruelling past months of study.

"I'm not sure. My parents are out of town, they both have work trips sadly. I mean I could still go home but I don't like going home without my family. So maybe I'll just stay here. I'm assuming you'll go home?"

"Of course. Pansy is already so excited. I don't get her though after we graduate we will be seeing each other every day. How about you mate?"

Draco thought for a while. "I'm taking a vacation maybe the beach. Merlin knows I need a break" he smiled and so did everyone

Before Serena could go up to her room, Draco reached for her hand and lead her to the corner.

"What is it?" She asked.

"This weekend, can you come with me?" He asked and Serena nodded with a smile.

"Say hello to Pansy for me" Serena said as she hugged Blaise goodbye.

"Don't have too much fun mate. I don't think we can handle little Blaise and Pansys"

Blaise rolled his eyes "Maybe I should say that to both of you" He winked then went his way.

"Where are we going?" Serena asked Draco. Draco held out a  silver masculine ring with green emeralds. He took Serena's hand and they were transported.

Serena dropped to her knees and felt very dizzy. She wasn't prepared for the sudden transportation. Draco helped her up and she looked around at the familiar walls and saw the large moving portrait of a prestige family. 

They were in Malfoy Manor.

"I rarely use this portkey" Draco muttered.

"Then why are we here?"

Footsteps were then heard entering the hall and in came the graceful Malfoy Matriarch. "Oh, Draco darling, what a lovely surprise! I was just about to send a letter. I just had lunch with Astoria's mother and... Oh, I'm sorry I didn't see you"

Narcissa was surprised to see an unfamiliar witch when Draco stepped aside. "Mother, this is Serena Collins"

"Hello, Serena. It's nice to meet you. Are you a friend of Draco's?"

Serena nodded, too shy to say anything. The Malfoy family were famous and were considered of very high status especially among the Slytherins. Serena felt weirdly starstruck with Narcissa.

"Anyway, Draco, since you're here already I'd like to have a word with you for a while. Like I said I had lunch..."

"Mother I have just arrived can we do this tomorrow? Or better yet never" 

"Right, well go and rest we can talk about it later. I'll just have to reschedule with Astoria's mother"

 "Mother, please stop. We'll just talk now, I have something to say"

"Of course" Narcissa then looked over to Serena. "Would you like some tea while you wait dear?"

Serena was about to answer but Draco cut her off. "We can talk here"