09 - The Box

Th next morning, Serena avoided Draco and Blaise. She had planned to apologise to Draco for how she acted but her stubborn Slytherin pride doesn't make it easy for her. Every time she is about to approach them or even glance at them, Blaise will wave or smile but Draco would either avoid her gaze or look at her with hate, which made her even more frustrated with him and herself.

She was now sitting at the Great Hall, Blaise and Draco sitting far from her but she was looking angrily at him. If someone saw the way she was looking at him, one would think she's trying to curse the boy. "Why is he even that mad at me? I mean I was still technically right! He was acting so immature with Tri--"

"Serena, you're alone today" Tristan suddenly sat across from her. Surprised, she asked "Tristan! What are you doing here?"

"Well, it looked like you needed some company unless you want to be alone I could go"

"No it's not that, it's just you're sitting on the Slytherin table."

"Yes, this is the first time for me. But if you didn't notice, after the war, house unity is coming back. You or I could sit anywhere we like"

"I guess you're right. How's your arm?"

"A lot better than yesterday. I can now go back to quidditch practice"

She shook her head. "As much as I enjoy watching quidditch, I don't know why you enjoy playing it. It's absolutely barbaric!"

Tristan laughed. She heard his laugh from afar before but now she's been hearing it close. "And you still enjoy watching it?"

She smiled at him. "You players are the one getting hurt, not me"

He laughed once again. "I think you're the barbaric one! Enjoying yourself when we get hurt"

They both laughed again. And from the corner of her eye, she saw Draco and Blaise leave. There goes her chance to apologise to him.... Again.

They continued talking about random topics when a blonde Gryffindor sat beside Tristan, the same blonde she's seen flirting with Tristan too many times. There were plenty of students who flirt with Tristan but this blonde was just too obvious and usually exaggerated.

"I was wondering where you were when I didn't see you at our table" the blonde beauty had said while placing her hand on his shoulder.

"I was just here chatting with Serena. Serena this is my friend Dimitria Levinne, Dimitria this is my Slytherin friend, Serena Collins. She let her hand out for her to shake so she did. "Dimitria? Are you Russian?" Serena asked. Besides the name she also had a hint of the accent.

"Yes! My mother is Russian and My father is British" She said, all too happily.

Serena smiled back, 'no wonder she looks like a goddess' Serena thought.

"I've never had a Slytherin friend before," she said bluntly.

"Uh...." Serena didn't know how to react. She felt like there was more to what she said but didn't bother asking.

"Were you a death eater? Do you have death eater friends? Why did you believe in what Voldemort said?"

Serena was getting a bit annoyed. She was clearly judging her by her house. It was also clear in Serena's face that she wasn't amused by her questions so Tristan cleared his throat. "Dimitria, Serena's not like that. Not all Slytherins fought for Voldemort"

"Oh, okay then" was all Dimitria said. Unable to hide her annoyance to the chit any longer Serena excused herself and went to her classes.