⚡️EIGHT.

━━━dress shopping!

BIRDIE LOVED SHOPPING even as a child when most kids would beg for their mom to take them home, Birdie always wanted to stay in the store as long as she could — but of course, Lily Potter couldn't stay out for more than an hour most if she had tak...

BIRDIE LOVED SHOPPING even as a child when most kids would beg for their mom to take them home, Birdie always wanted to stay in the store as long as she could — but of course, Lily Potter couldn't stay out for more than an hour most if she had taken the polyjuice potion. Birdie of course didn't get it as a kid and would often throw tantrums which now she feels bad about when she looks back at it, but she was just a child, after all.

She'd always loved everything about a shop — how much you could tell about a person by just looking at the way their shop looks. She had a favorite shop to go to though, and that was a dress shop. She loved looking at the pretty dresses and trying them on, doing a little spin so she could watch the bottom of the dress flare up. Sometimes the dresses would be so glittery they would end up getting on her body but she didn't really mind, the glitter was pretty.

She loved finding the perfect dress after trying on like a thousand others, trying to find a purse and heels that matched it. She just loved shopping overall. She was also very passionate about opening a store.

It was always in discussion — Birdie and Lorelei had always said they wanted to open a store together, though as they grew older their interests changed, now Birdie is still into clothes but Lorelei is more into stationary, and books. Birdie reckons they could make some sort of hybrid shop if they wanted to. She knew if she was ever going to do it she wanted to do it with Lorelei.

That sounds kind of wrong without context—

Too late for that.

Eh.

Birdie stared at the letter she'd just gotten  from her parents.

'Dear Birdie,
Hope you're doing well, is Harry ok? He hasn't been responding to our letters, is he mad at us? Sirius told us his scar has been hurting and now he's planning to move north, idiotic move if you ask me. Anyway, I forgot to get you some dress robes because your fa—

There was some scribbling after that, and a few drops on ink that had fallen on the parchment, and then the handwriting changed to James's messy one.