⚡️TWENTY-TWO.

━━━mission animagus

BIRDIE POTTER HAD strived for perfection as long as she can remember, everything that she ever chose to do had to be perfect, it was just the way she was wired

BIRDIE POTTER HAD strived for perfection as long as she can remember, everything that she ever chose to do had to be perfect, it was just the way she was wired. From when she was just two years old she'd started writing alphabets and would get frustrated when a line wasn't straight, or if it crossed over the other line. She would make her mom do her hair so that not one single strand was out of place.

Being a perfectionist and an artist at the same time didn't do Birdie's esteem a whole lot of good. She would often tear away pages of art she'd spent days working on because of a single wrong stroke or the paint splashing somewhere it's not meant to be. Somethings that other people might choose to ignore, she couldn't. She had to start over.

Often, she would find herself doing the same thing over and over again until she got it perfectly right, she would lose track of time and she would not care for even food until she got it perfectly right.

Perfectly right.

Birdie liked to think it was just because she was a perfectionist, but deep down she knew what it was — she had always wanted people to be proud of her, her parents were always in such a rough spot, she didn't want to ask for their help in most of the things she did.

She wanted them to be proud of her, and they were, but she could never shake the feeling of never being good enough out of her head, ya know, her brother was the chosen one, he defeated Voldemort as baby, and then there was Birdie. As a kid, Birdie would get perfect grades, she would never do anything out of the line, even during her pranks she knew not to cross the line — she was a perfect trophy child.

Of course that was ok with her, but slowly and surely things started getting out of hand — like she would start spending up to fourteen hours in the art studio without any food, spend hours and hours and multiple products just to stick one single strand of her stubborn hair down, spend hours fixing a dress just because it wasn't the 'perfect' length.

Lorelei had been the one person to notice it when things had started going south, and then began the healing process. Lorelei and Birdie would spend hours and days doing things that would normally annoy the hell out of Birdie to the point that it no longer annoyed her that much.