⚡️SIXTEEN.

━━━prejudice sucks!

THE ENTIRE HUFFLEPUFF common room burst into cheers that startled Birdie, she clutched her chest and released a yelp, "Guys, it's me, not Cedric!" a series of frustrated groans surfaced, "Now, put the lights back out again, what are you waiting fo...

THE ENTIRE HUFFLEPUFF common room burst into cheers that startled Birdie, she clutched her chest and released a yelp, "Guys, it's me, not Cedric!" a series of frustrated groans surfaced, "Now, put the lights back out again, what are you waiting for?" said Birdie and then hid behind the couch herself, she assumed the champions were still talking to Ludo Bagman about the first task in the chambers.

"Hey, how'd your brother get his name in?" Bianca asked as she hid behind the couch with Birdie, "Cause, you know, not to salty or anything, but I wanted to be a champion too"

"I know, Bee and I'm sorry you didn't get chosen" Birdie said with a small smile, "But I know my brother, and he didn't look like he had even a bit of idea that it would happen"

"Look, I'm just saying — out of all the people, your brother got chosen" Bianca said, "If he's telling the truth, then there's something sketchy happening, the goblet is practically ancient, and with all the enchantments the goblet shouldn't have been fooled — there would've had to be some sort of confundus charm put on it"

"Bianca, you're not suggesting-" Birdie said and then paused, "It couldn't be..."

"Birdie I might not know your brother that much, but he's a good kid from what I've seen, he doesn't want trouble...it just follows him wherever he goes" Bianca said and watched as Birdie's eyes widened, she hurriedly started, "I don't want you to panic — it can just be a theory"

"No, it does seem possible" Birdie said worriedly, "what if someone is trying to kill my brother? Wouldn't be the first time! The kid's been fighting off people-"

"SURPRISE!" Everyone exclaimed and the sound of Cedric's surprise chuckle rang through the Hufflepuff common room, Birdie and Bianca got up themselves and Cedric came forward to greet them.

"I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to congratulate you down in the chambers, bud" Birdie said as she gave him a small hug, "You know, how it is...with kids"

"I get it, Birdie, its ok" Cedric said and pat Birdie on the back.

"Look at you, champion!" Bianca said stepping forward and giving Cedric a tight hug, "Ahh, make us badgers proud"